Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Another 1911 Thread - Need Advice

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'd love to hear your experiences with the various brands of 1911's and how they handled the high round counts.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I own $1,200 SA MC Operator that has been 100% reliable and accurate , I own 2 TRP's both the same. Most will agree that after you get to the price point in $1,200 to $1,400 New and $1,100 used SA TRP is the best bang for the buck. A lot of people like the Colt Rail Gun, mine has been great but I did have smith work it. Dan & Wesson makes good guns for the money too. The Valor in 9mm or 45 are a steal if you can find them on gunbroker.

I just checked Gunbroker and there are the TRP SS for $1,299 and the Dan & Wesson Valor for $1,299. Buy either of those and you will be thrilled.

Your first 1911 should be in 45acp but the second in 9mm. But many could argue vs versa.

PB

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 06-28-19 at 13:01.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Back in the 70's as a young LEO I was required to carry a 38 special revolver on duty. Off duty I saved for a Colt Series 70 Govt model in 45acp. A Big City LEO armorer, former US Army Armorer and 45acp toter on duty showed me how to care for the Colt. He tore it completely apart and showed me how to put the puzzle back together again. I tore it down 1 more time, he scraped the parts into a cigar box and shoved me out the door.
    I had it together up to where the FCG sits in place and build from there. He showed me 1 more time and that was the beginning of my 1911 love affair.
    Got married, bought 2 horses and needed a saddle. Out goes my Colt. I had shot several models of Wilson Combats and I liked them like sweets.
    Finally got to where I could afford one and bought the Vickers Elite in 9mm. My hands elbows and shoulders have arthritis so I was afraid 45 would jar me.
    I swapped around and acquired a Glock 21 Gen 4. Probably a 1911 in 45acp in my future I hope.

Nostalgia? Maybe, Fits my hand, Yep, Can I shoot a 1911 well, Yep, First auto a 1911, YEP. I remember the SNICK as the thumb safety goes off and front sight is coming on target, 40 years ago when I got my first 1911. Don't recall what the price was, Layaway for about 2 months.

Dillion SQ Deal, Win 231 and hard cast HG68 bullets 200gr. Me, my pistol, coffee can of ammo and paper plates, magic marker.
    Fun Times then.

SPEER 200gr JHP Flying Ash trays for defense.
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Feedback Score
    Zombie thread!

Feedback Score
    The 1911 is a work of pure genius. JMB had no computers. No CAD. And he devised this wonderful machine that continues to provide the "best in class" when it comes to a SA handgun. Everything else is an imitation. That's something to be in awe of. I own several 1911s and nothing satisfies as much as a 1911 when it comes to pure joy of shooting.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TH76251556 View Post
    The 1911 is a work of pure genius. JMB had no computers. No CAD. And he devised this wonderful machine that continues to provide the "best in class" when it comes to a SA handgun. Everything else is an imitation. That's something to be in awe of. I own several 1911s and nothing satisfies as much as a 1911 when it comes to pure joy of shooting.
    I bought a Colt 1911A1 reproduction after watching Band of Brothers for the 5th time and not having owned a 1911 for a decade. Damn if shooting that didn't bring back all of the nostalgia, so I've got a new Colt on the way. No red-blooded American should be without at least one 1911 in .45, but the Hi Power is just as, if not more, ingenious. Almost every service weapon today, save for 1911 platforms, goes back to the Hi Power.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345