Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good gun stores in Bucks, Montco

Feedback Score

Good gun stores in Bucks, Montco

I've been in and out of the LGSs since I got here, hoping to stumble upon something good. Most of the stores are hunting-based with the only ARs being Bushmaster, Del-Ton, Windham, or Stag. I've only been to one store that had anything from Colt, and that was a used rifle. With the exception of some Magpul stuff and a few rare instances of Troy, I haven't found anything better than Tapco for accessories around anywhere. Also, pistol selection in these places have been limited to one or two cases with VERY limited selection.

Anyone know if any stores that at least have decent stuff and some knowledgeable staff in the Bucks Co/Mont Co area?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm not a huge fan of the range at Classic Pistol in Southampton, but they have a case full of Magpul gear and another case with different optics.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Tanners is my go to store in that area.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The people at Tanners are great, as are the prices, I just haven't seen much AR gear. I've always viewed it as more focused on hunting.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Re: Good gun stores in Bucks, Montco

Im in Tanners every other day (mile from my house). They have a large selection of ARs but most are junk. They do get Colts but those go fast. Not much in way of Parts...some Magpul stocks/grips but thats about it.

There's Claytons in Horsham across from the runway part of the AFB and right next to Iron Abby. They have a slightly larger selected of ARs.

Surplus City in Southampton. They get some new ARs in but not many. A lot of police trade ins. Bought my Colt there. No real accessories.

If you're looking for DD, Noveske etc...etc...most likely it would be in the Classic Pistol.

I have yet to see a gun store around here that stocks a lot of gear/parts/accessories or even higher end ARs.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    I actually was offered a job at Classic Pistol about four years ago but had to turn it down due to circumstances that kept me from moving to the area (fiancee, now wife, got a full time job up in CT at the same time so she was moving up my way). This was in the midst of the first Obama gun scare, so things were pretty barren in there at the time. Seemed like what they did have was pretty good though.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Tanners is good. You might also want to check out American Arms and Ammo.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    +1 for Claytons

Do yourself a favor and haggle with them, as they do that type of stuff (even though they might be resistant at first) Offer cash they might drop taxes and some off the price. Also larger selection than most places and friendlier. Classic Pistol sucks as the owner is annoying. Tanners is pretty crappy too, bad attitudes.

Feedback Score
    that's the worst part about the shops around where I live, with the exception of 1 place, they all have shitty attitudes.
    Last edited by Sentaruu; 07-06-13 at 20:27.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Insite firearms in Norristown tends to carry some decent brands Colt, DD etc. and they are a class 3 dealer as well.

The staff there seems pretty even keeled, and they never really gouged during the craze. It's worth checking out at least once...

French Creek Outfitters are rapists, and most of the other shops suck around here.
    http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRQ2zEv1ukzyH_aeFG6-amwPk7CUBz7b4URcTQ8lFFl-LOLSDkQ

"BRD, much like the Wutang clan, is nothing to f@ck with"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast