Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tactical Tailor Removable Operator Pack

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Tactical Tailor Removable Operator Pack

So on another forum, someone asked about packs that can attach to body armor and how much they can hold. He gave me the general criteria of a poncho, some stripped down MREs, water, a pair of socks, and a cold weather hat.

I tried to fit everything in this picture aside from the table legs into the Tactical Tailor Removable Operator Pack (Fight Light version) shown in the bottom left. This is 2 MREs, 3 water bottles, a Massif Elements softshell jacket (I don't really own a regular poncho for some strange reason), 4 pmags, a Rite in the Rain book, a pair of winter socks, and a watch cap. Also a cat.

Here are the MREs and water bottles:

Added socks and watch cap to the top:

Folded in half, then rolled up the jacket and shoved it in:

All zipped up with pmag for size comparison:

Front compartment holds 4 pmags and the book:

Much to my cat's dismay, she would not fit in the pack with the rest of the gear... it was quite stuffed:

Might be able to fit a 1-2L bladder in the back as well, but I didn't have one on hand:
    Last edited by Koshinn; 01-30-13 at 14:29.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Talking

thank for the review and the pictures. Clearly illustrates what ur can and cannot fit.
    Looks like your cat gave it an approval by rubbing its scent on it.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Damn. I would not have expected all of that to fit. Not bad for $80 or whatever they are.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I had assumed that you put the cat in first. I am disappointed.
    I'm not cool. I just do this stuff for fun.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    A guy I work with out here has one (non-FL version). It's a nice quality built little pack. I'm not sure I would ever attach it to a vest, but different strokes and all that.
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Re: Tactical Tailor Removable Operator Pack

Quote Originally Posted by Dave L. View Post
    A guy I work with out here has one (non-FL version). It's a nice quality built little pack. I'm not sure I would ever attach it to a vest, but different strokes and all that.
    I use it as a backpack. I tried attaching it to my iotv, but accessing it was just too difficult. I could always get someone else to dig through my pack though, but it also makes entering and exiting vehicles more awkward, especially in a hurry.

Does the guy attach it to his vest? How does he access the contents? Has he tried accessing it by just unclipping the left side buckles and swinging it around his right side?

I'd try, but I just had back surgery and shouldn't be wearing anything nearly as heavy as iotv.
    Last edited by Koshinn; 01-31-13 at 03:14.
    "I never learned from a man who agreed with me." Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Koshinn View Post
    Does the guy attach it to his vest? How does he access the contents? Has he tried accessing it by just unclipping the left side buckles and swinging it around his right side?

I'd try, but I just had back surgery and shouldn't be wearing anything nearly as heavy as iotv.
    No he doesn't. The limitations that you mentioned are pretty obvious.

I wouldn't attach it to my vest either; the strap's low profile shouldn't interfere with other gear/movement.

I could see attaching it if you were supposed to be on station for a short period of time and filled with extra shit you hope you wont need. Then again, you would have evaluate your insert/extract method.
    Last edited by Dave L.; 01-31-13 at 03:48.
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    I had one of these on my last deployment to Afghanistan. I used it as a daily/short patrol bag and it was great. I usually carried a camelbak bladder, 4-6 bottles of water and 2 gatorade bottles full of C4 in the main pouch. That left enough room for a woobie, a couple of line charges, a couple IV bags or some extra 40mm. By the time I shoved that much stuff in the main pouch, there wasn't too much room in the front section but there was enough room for a couple of 75' rolls of shock tube, some extra M81s and snacks.

I was also able to get a shotgun scabbard on the front as well with the help of some 550 cord, and could carry a short M500 well enough.

Overall, it was one of the best small bags I've ever carried and the low profile straps were great with body armor. No need for big padded straps on top of a plate carrier.

Also, I never tried to attach it to my vest as I needed to be able to get into it on my own pretty frequently.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've used this pack as well and was plenty happy with it. Great patrol pack for stuff short of a definite overnight stay. If I know I'm going overnight I go up a size to my RAID pack. Then up again to the TT Long Range Operator pack for 2-3 days out.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    just want to thank you again for this review.

I bought the Modular Operator Pack in Coyote Brown when TT had a sale. Took it on a 4-mile hike with my wife (great excuse for doing 4miles only ) with my ArmorBak 3L hydration.

Wife was totally jealous I had a pack and she just had a bottle water
    So of course, immediately thought of this pack for her.

I think this may attach to my pack if she gets tired.
    So now this pack sits on my Wishlist, waiting for a coupon.
    Only thing she doesn't like is the color.

I'm just torn if I should get the Fight Light version, just not sure how "lighter" it would be for her.

should I do a review on the Modular Operator Pack?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast