Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Harrison Custom sight ?

Feedback Score
    55 (100%)

Harrison Custom sight ?

I am thinking about picking up a Springfield Loaded in 9mm. The only negative is it has the adjustable rear sight. While I have never had an issue with the one on my TRP Operator I prefer a fixed rear. I did a search for replacements and came across one offered by Harrison Custom. Has anyone on here used the Harrison sight or know anything about it?

Thanks!

http://http://shop.harrisoncustom.com/hd-002-extreme-service-rear-sight

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    No, but it looks great to me.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    Instead of buying a gun with with a permanent feature you don't like, why not just buy one with a fixed rear sight?

Those Harrison rear sights are undoubtedly well made, but they still look like exactly what they are... An afterthought. Why hack up a slide with a BoMar cut and then pit a bigugly hunk of fixed sight in it?

Feedback Score
    Those sights are STOUT. The cool thing is that they can double as a tomahawk.

Feedback Score
    55 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by samuse View Post
    Instead of buying a gun with with a permanent feature you don't like, why not just buy one with a fixed rear sight?

Those Harrison rear sights are undoubtedly well made, but they still look like exactly what they are... An afterthought. Why hack up a slide with a BoMar cut and then pit a bigugly hunk of fixed sight in it?

The adjustable rear sight is the only one they have. And it's the only one in town short of going with a RIA or the like.

The replacement sight won't win any rewards for looks but as long as its robust I don't care. I guess another upside would be once I switch them out I would have a spare rear for the TRP.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    They are very nice sights, with nice tritium options (3 dot or 2 dot picture). Aesthetically, to each his own; I like the way they look.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    functional - yes
    ugly as hell - yes

I still have one to replace a bomar in my drawer. Instead of swapping the sight, I sold the gun.
    "you give peace a chance, I'll stay here and cover you, in case it doesn't work out"

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    You could tie a few Boresnake's together and use that thing as a grappling hook!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    The Jardine Custom Tactical Hook sight is one of the best on the market...IMHO.

(Bomar and Novak cut)

Mace
    "Superior gear will never make up for a lack of training or attitude"

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    dupe...
    Last edited by MaceWindu; 07-06-13 at 01:19.
    "Superior gear will never make up for a lack of training or attitude"

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast