Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Core 30 TAC LR

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Core 30 TAC LR

Any one have any experience or trigger time with the Core 30 TAC LR? Also any one know who's barrels they use and also what kind of accuracy they are supposedly getting?

Thanks

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Looks pricey and out of stock.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    No experience personally with this rifle, I do with other rifles they've made. It is a Core 15 rifle, Beware.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Ok I am aware of the quality AR 15s, I run DDs and KACs. The 308 market is vastly different than the 556 market. Any other helpful input as opposed to "beware".

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    im just saying, if a company cant make a ar-15 that's worth a shit then I wouldn't trust they're ar10 style rifles as they are way more difficult to build right and be reliable.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sua175 View Post
    im just saying, if a company cant make a ar-15 that's worth a shit then I wouldn't trust they're ar10 style rifles as they are way more difficult to build right and be reliable.
    No personal experience with "Core 15" and no plans to buy one. However, oddly enough, DPMS seems to make a decent (not wonderful) .308 even though their .223 rifles are generally on the low end of mediocre.

This may be the exception that proves the rule, however.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

Core 30 TAC LR

If you run high end AR's like DD's and KAC's then I don't see the point of even bringing into question Core rifles regardless of caliber, unless you have price parameters. If that is the case, S&W's new .308 is sure a variant that I have enjoyed recently. I was actually surprised by the quality of the rifle when my friend bought it.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

Core 30 TAC LR

Also Douglas blanks makes Core's barrels on several of their rifles, not sure if they make their .308, but they do make their 300 blk barrel.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I run a DD Mk18 and an SR15. My LR gun is an AI AX in 260/308. I have had an ECC and while I loved that gun I cannot afford that right now. I would like a mid level (price point) 308 gas gun and with it coming in the store I run it seemed like a decent gun. I'm always leery of being a beta tester for someone on my dime. If it had some range reports out there and they would respond as to who made their barrels I'd be more at ease.

My parameters for this gun "purchase" are precision orientated:

18" barrel
    SR25 pattern mags
    FF railed hand guard
    2 stage trigger
    3/4-1 MOA accuracy

I'd honestly prefer not to buy something only to tear it apart and start replacing stuff. The MP10 seems nice just doesn't fit in my parameters

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I would rather buy a LMT MWS or JP 308 for the price.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast