Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My bag

Feedback Score
    Based on the recommendations here, I've decided to get an ESEE 6.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dash1 View Post
    When I was in Alaska, we were issued insulated canteens. How do yo keep your Camel Baks from freezing?
    Member Artic1 is switched on in regards to cold weather ops. He addresses this in post #6 of this thread.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?p=1638018
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    Member Artic1 is switched on in regards to cold weather ops. He addresses this in post #6 of this thread.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?p=1638018
    Yes, all good TTP's.

Filling the bladder with warm water is the idea I'd use.

This year I started filling my coffee thermos with ice water. I've had ice stay in the thermos for more than 24 hours. I use the thermos to fill an insulated Under Armor water bottle and it keeps me in cold water for most of the day. Although the thermos is heavier than a regular canteen, it would certainly work to keep your water from freezing in the winter.

When I was an RI, the PSG Walker was required to take a thermos of hot sugar water to the field. If any student showed signs of hypothermia, they were to drink the warm sugar water.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123