Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AR-15 KABOOM....

Feedback Score

Unhappy AR-15 KABOOM....

If this KB is truly the fault of the ammo, then I feel bad for HSM - they seem like a good outfit. They have been doing a lot of group buys across the Internet and perhaps this indicates a slip in QC, (too big too fast). I have used their 7.62x51 and found it to be excellent, but this shooter clearly had a bad day....

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=354740

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The author of that thread evidently doesn't know that you can't "double charge" a rifle load. I'm assuming he means an over charge of propellant.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by demigod View Post
    The author of that thread evidently doesn't know that you can't "double charge" a rifle load. I'm assuming he means an over charge of propellant.
    It's funny you picked up on that, as I just reread the thread and came back to pose that question. Not being a reloader, I still got a puzzled look and said to myself: "double charge??"

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Yeah. A pistol charge like .45 acp can easily be doubled. I almost did it once.

But with rifle, the correct charge fills nearly the whole case. I've gotten to where I visually check every powder charge I load before I put a bullet on top of it.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    thats right espeically on the 5.56 cartridge ! there is no way you can double charge it since your 1st charge is already almost 3/4 fill or more dedpending on the type of powder and bullet selection.

maybe a old weak, fatique brass that cause that!

DAveC

ToddG Guest
    I didn't read the linked thread, but presumably this means the rumored Glock Carbine has hit the market?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by davechng View Post
    maybe a old weak, fatique brass that cause that!
    I wouldn't think so. Typically the case will separate or the neck will split. I've had it happen a few times, and it didn't cause any signs of over pressure.

Feedback Score
    blank

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    I didn't read the linked thread, but presumably this means the rumored Glock Carbine has hit the market?
    lol
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    HSM is having some major problems. they lost a big chunk of their staff when Darren went off to form his own company including the good people. HSM also had a bad batch of ammo go out that should have been recalled but wasnt. I dont see them being along for long if some things dont change really quick.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast