Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Magpul Mossberg stock/forend release date

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Magpul Mossberg stock/forend release date

I just sold my ATI stock thinking the Magpul Mossberg Stock and forend would be out in July as stated on midway's website–now it says 9/16 as the expected in stock date.

Anyone know the release date on these?

Looks like I'm picking up another stock until these get released.
    ἰδέτωσαν, ἱστορησάτωσαν οἱ ἄνθρωποι ἄνθρωπον ἀληθινὸν κατὰ φύσινζῶντα.

Videant, cognoverunt hominis hominem verum secundum naturam suam viventem.

Let men see, let them know, a real man, who lives as he was meant to live.
    - Marcus Aurelius

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Magpul tends to be pretty tight lipped with their release dates. I'm also waiting on their stock and sling mounting hardware to be released for my 500A and was keeping an eye on the MidwayUSA release date as well. MidwayUSA even told me a week or so before July 1 that they were still expecting to be able to release it that day. Magpul's site only specifies Fall 2013 and the Sept 16 date now showing on MidwayUSA is much closer in line with that so I suspect that date won't be too far off. Of course a lot can happen between now and then though. I just hope it doesn't get pushed back any further.

Personally I don't know that I'd spend the money on a stock only to use it for two months. Do you not have the factory stock or even a pistol grip that you can put on as a place holder until then?

If you want it I've got a pistol grip I'll send you for the cost of shipping just to have something to put on the gun while you wait. I don't have the factory bolt, but I have a regular hex head bolt with it that's the right length and thread pitch.
    Last edited by SteveL; 07-02-13 at 11:11.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Magpul Mossberg stock/forend release date

Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    Magpul tends to be pretty tight lipped with their release dates. I'm also waiting on their stock and sling mounting hardware to be released for my 500A and was keeping an eye on the MidwayUSA release date as well. MidwayUSA even told me a week or so before July 1 that they were still expecting to be able to release it that day. Magpul's site only specifies Fall 2013 and the Sept 16 date now showing on MidwayUSA is much closer in line with that so I suspect that date won't be too far off. Of course a lot can happen between now and then though. I just hope it doesn't get pushed back any further.

Personally I don't know that I'd spend the money on a stock only to use it for two months. Do you not have the factory stock or even a pistol grip that you can put on as a place holder until then?

If you want it I've got a pistol grip I'll send you for the cost of shipping just to have something to put on the gun while you wait. I don't have the factory bolt, but I have a regular hex head bolt with it that's the right length and thread pitch.
    PM sent
    ἰδέτωσαν, ἱστορησάτωσαν οἱ ἄνθρωποι ἄνθρωπον ἀληθινὸν κατὰ φύσινζῶντα.

Videant, cognoverunt hominis hominem verum secundum naturam suam viventem.

Let men see, let them know, a real man, who lives as he was meant to live.
    - Marcus Aurelius

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Hopefully it's sooner than later. My 590A1 is waiting to get some new clothes... Duane where are you?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Re: Magpul Mossberg stock/forend release date

I'm trying to decide which route to go with my 590A1. I ran it with the OEM stock in a class last weekend and it was just too long. I'm torn between the Magpul stock (LOP 12.5") and the Hogue ShortShot stock (LOP 12"). Either way I'm waiting because Brownells is out of stock on the Hogue and Magpul hasn't released their stock yet. Is the Magpul stock so much better that it's worth double the price of the Hogue? Duane, I'm hoping you have the answer to that, but I'd love to hear from anyone who has both on 870s.
    Disclaimer: I work for Suarez International as a customer service representative.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by IZinterrogator View Post
    I'm trying to decide which route to go with my 590A1. I ran it with the OEM stock in a class last weekend and it was just too long. I'm torn between the Magpul stock (LOP 12.5") and the Hogue ShortShot stock (LOP 12"). Either way I'm waiting because Brownells is out of stock on the Hogue and Magpul hasn't released their stock yet. Is the Magpul stock so much better that it's worth double the price of the Hogue? Duane, I'm hoping you have the answer to that, but I'd love to hear from anyone who has both on 870s.
    FWIW, on my 590, my 12" hogue youth stock is a tad too short. I occasionally punch myself if I'm not cognizant of where my hands are placed.

Last edited by Kchen986; 07-25-13 at 00:50.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinister View Post
    Owning or having a certain by-name or by-brand weapon doesn't make one a trained assaulter.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Re: Magpul Mossberg stock/forend release date

Thanks for the heads up. I was thinking about the Magpul for the better sling options mostly, but you bring up a good point. I'm assuming you have your thumb wrapped over the grip when you shoot?
    Disclaimer: I work for Suarez International as a customer service representative.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by IZinterrogator View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. I was thinking about the Magpul for the better sling options mostly, but you bring up a good point. I'm assuming you have your thumb wrapped over the grip when you shoot?
    Yessir.

If I have my cheek bone resting against my thumb when I break the shot, I get a pretty nice 'punch' to my face. I'm 5' 11" so it may be different for you.

I will say this though, the 12" stock made the gun MUCH handier.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinister View Post
    Owning or having a certain by-name or by-brand weapon doesn't make one a trained assaulter.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The Mossy is coming. There are a lot of small parts in the SGA series, including a pretty nifty way we made the same forend fit all the Mossberg barrel profiles. Just cleaning up some cosmetics, but the efforts to get ready for a move and just the sheer number of items in the pipeline has slowed it down some. Realistically, it will likely be September before significant quantities hit the marketplace. We shot it a while back, and it's pretty sweet. It works really great with the Mossberg safety placement.
    Duane Liptak, Jr.
    Executive Vice President
    Magpul Industries

info@magpulcore.com

This is a personal account linked to a personal e-mail. Company affiliation and titles are provided purely for transparency requirements of the host site. Although factual company information may be shared through this account, any opinions expressed are solely those of the account holder, and not necessarily those of Magpul Industries or subsidiaries.

Feedback Score

Sv: Magpul Mossberg stock/forend release date

Ithaca 37?

Tapatapatapatalk

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast