Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Magpul Mossberg stock/forend release date

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    My stock was here waiting by the door when I got home today. I installed it with two spacers. I also added the QD cup to the right side. Question: Can I put a QD cup in both sides or is it a one or the other deal?

I also added the forward sling mount. I picked it up at my local store. As noted above by Duane of Magpul, this is MAG508. The package was only marked Remington 870, but it mated to my 500A just fine. I will have to experiment with it to make sure it doesn't interfere with my light.

Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Magpul Mossberg stock/forend release date

On the forend fitment...there are three lengths of Mossberg action tube: a short, a medium, and a long. The medium is the most common, and is what works with our forend. If you have the short or long tube, you need the medium length action tube to use the forend, so long as it is compatible with your configuration. They are somewhat easy to find. There is a long adapter nut, meant to allow the short tube to work with longer forends, but this does NOT work with the MOE. There are a LOT of Mossies out there, and a LOT of different configurations. This was far more confounding for fitment than the 870 forend.

On field stripping...yes, also we've found that on some firearms, the size/shape of the trigger pack and our stock prohibit field stripping without loosening the stock screw a turn or so. We had to choose between this or a gap in the fitment on some models that might allow debris intrusion. With some fitting, the recess can be easily relieved if you don't want to have to loosen the screw.
    Duane Liptak, Jr.
    Executive Vice President
    Magpul Industries

info@magpulcore.com

This is a personal account linked to a personal e-mail. Company affiliation and titles are provided purely for transparency requirements of the host site. Although factual company information may be shared through this account, any opinions expressed are solely those of the account holder, and not necessarily those of Magpul Industries or subsidiaries.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    On the QD sockets, yes, you can put one in each side. You'd need one type one (no threads) and one type two (threads) sling mount kit.
    Duane Liptak, Jr.
    Executive Vice President
    Magpul Industries

info@magpulcore.com

This is a personal account linked to a personal e-mail. Company affiliation and titles are provided purely for transparency requirements of the host site. Although factual company information may be shared through this account, any opinions expressed are solely those of the account holder, and not necessarily those of Magpul Industries or subsidiaries.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SPQR476 View Post
    On the QD sockets, yes, you can put one in each side. You'd need one type one (no threads) and one type two (threads) sling mount kit.
    Thank you. I'll pick up a type two.

Im glad I asked though. I would have bought anothet type one and tried running the screw through both sockets and put the nut on it.
    Last edited by SteveL; 12-07-13 at 21:36.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)
    I installed my stock and its great. Right now I am using one spacer. The ergonomics of this stock are fantastic, I really like what Magpul did with it. It puts your hand at just the right angle, and feels just right on the cheek. I also love the heft and weight of it. It will definitely take a beating better than the Hogue that it replaced.

The trigger pack doesn't drop free so I will modify the stock to fit right. If anyone (including SPQR476) wants to chime in on how or any suggestions, please do.

So normally I install my rear sling socket on the opposite side of stocks in order to allow transitions to the opposite shoulder. I feel that with the SGA, since it is more of a conventional stock and the swivel socket is in the middle of the stock, that the swivel goes better on the side closer to me.
    What have you guys found? I did notice that when closer to me the swivel sort of contacts my chin, but on the opposite side the sling ran right up against my cheek and I did not like that at all.
    Last edited by masakari; 12-07-13 at 22:06.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by masakari View Post
    I installed my stock and its great. Right now I am using one spacer.
    I'm about to try disassembling it, if the trigger pack doesn't drop free I will modify the stock to fit right.
    So normally I install my rear sling socket on the opposite side of stocks, but I feel that with the SGA, since it is more of a conventional stock and the socket is in the middle of the stock, that the swivel goes better on the side closer to me. What have you guys found?
    This is why I want to go ahead and put a QD socket on both sides. That way I can experiment with it without having to swap the hardware around.
    Steve

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    This is why I want to go ahead and put a QD socket on both sides. That way I can experiment with it without having to swap the hardware around.
    I edited my post above to add some more info.
    Thats not a bad plan, if its worth the cash to you. Personally, I dont at all see why Magpul doesn't sell a complete sling kit for like $30 instead of a bunch of different ones.
    Having that extra socket is not worth the $19 + shipping for me.

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)
    Just modified my stock to allow disassembly, and it was very simple. 15 minutes with a dremel and it fits perfect, and the trigger pack still slides out easily.
    I also just shot it and it cycled great with Hornady TAP and Critical Defense 00 Buck, and Remington standard and low recoil slugs.
    I'm just waiting on my IWC SMC mount to mount my Surefire scout, and then I'll take some pics.
    All in all I'm very impressed with both the stock and forend, aside from the disappointing incompatibility with heatshields.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by masakari View Post
    Just modified my stock to allow disassembly, and it was very simple. 15 minutes with a dremel and it fits perfect, and the trigger pack still slides out easily.
    I also just shot it and it cycled great with Hornady TAP and Critical Defense 00 Buck, and Remington standard and low recoil slugs.
    I'm just waiting on my IWC SMC mount to mount my Surefire scout, and then I'll take some pics.
    All in all I'm very impressed with both the stock and forend, aside from the disappointing incompatibility with heatshields.
    What exactly did you have to modify to fit and allow trigger removal? Did you install the rear RSA sling attachment???

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast