Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: .22 revolver

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    +1 on the 10 shot S&W. I had a chance to buy on years ago and didn't, I have been kicking my own butt for years for not. They aren't that common, probably because folks that have them KNOW what they have. Fantastic revolver to do ANYTHING a .22 is suitable for. For a S/A, the Beretta tip up barrel, I forget the model number is a neat little gun, and it is a damn sight better than a stick or a rape whistle if you MUST use it in a defensive capacity. I know everyone is going to tell you that a .22 is no good for defensive carry, I know that they aren't perfect, and I'm sure you do to, but if that's what you can afford and it is what you have, I think it is better than nothing. Getting shot friggin hurts, and no one likes to leak.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have a 2" S&W Model 63. It's an excellent little revolver, but they are very difficult to find and very expensive when you do.

My recommendation, given your price restriction, would be one of the North American Arms revolvers. The tiniest versions are very difficult to fire accurately, but some of the larger models (which are still quite small) will serve for close-range pest control and plinking. I carry a "Black Widow" in my pocket when mowing, etc. They're very well made, and they're fun to shoot.

Feedback Score
    I bought a S&W 43c mostly for running but it's good cheap practice for the 640 as well. It's an 8 shot, no lock DAO that weighs very little even when loaded. I know it's just a 22 but its better than nothing and more accurate Than I thought it would be.

I put a clip grip on it and just tuck it in my waistband.
    Last edited by TWR; 07-15-13 at 07:09.

Feedback Score
    Well, now with the lack of good .22 ammo, availability and price is outrageous (unless you currently have a stash of .22) I'd opt for either the LCR .38 or .357 Superior ballistics is a big factor. I own a LCR .357 and load it with Gold Dot .38spl 135 gr. Short Barrel rounds. I love it as its my most carried pistol now. Light, handy, smooth double-action trigger... I like it nearly better than my Snubbie J-frame IMO. You would not be disappointed in any of the LCR variants. Go for it!
    Last edited by Evil1969SS>LS6; 07-26-13 at 06:05. Reason: ..

Feedback Score
    5 (86%)
    I've handled the Ruger LCR .22, and it seems quite nice for the money, and should be had in your price range. I do own a Taurus 94, which had been a very good shooter, and my gf carried it for quite a while, until she moved up to 9mm. I don't see very many used 94s for sale, but when you do should be well under $300.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12