Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: buying used

Feedback Score
    the .357 is for maybe hunting and ocasional carry so i dont want a total POS, the .22 is purely for shooting dirt clods or whatever else

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cthompson36 View Post
    I thought taurus wasn't bad just their customer service can be dicey. but for instance, a ruger sp101 is 477$ on buds, so reasonably i could get that for like 300$ right? and the .22 is only for plinking so I could get an off brand or something since its just basically a toy.
    Their customer service is definitely dicey, but the likelihood you will have to use them is high. I always thought it would be wise for them to have a RA number shipped in the box with every new gun to save folks the hassle of calling for one.

I wouldn't base any pricing new or used on Bud's. Their margins are incredibly low and most stores would not base used pricing on them. Also, the used market can fluctuate based on availability of new firearms. If Ruger revolvers have not been entirely avilable new, used pricing can higher.

Feedback Score
    so what would be a decent price for a used sp101? at gander they were asking 550$ new i believe

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    $550 is a little high for a new sp101. Under normal market conditions I would pay no more than $400 for a used one in new (perfect) condition.

If you plan on hunting with this, I would not suggest the sp101. The sights and barrel length would be a deal breaker for that. A 4" GP100 would be a fair compromise between the two I spose.

Feedback Score
    it wouldn't be my primary gun when hunting just for if i get a ton of coyotes coming at me or something. I want it small enough to carry too.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Rog. Sp101 would be fine for something like that.

Feedback Score
    awesome. then i guess I'll shop around for a used sp101 in the 3-400$ range and then spend the rest on a .22 that i can beat to hell. thanks guys.

Feedback Score
    for the .22 it doesnt have to be a snubby or anything. its purely for fun so i don't mind cheaping out on that one. but would a used sp101 be a good option? or maybe smith and wesson if i find a cheap one?
    Used Smith Model 67s can be had for under $400. Its not a 357 (38+P is no problem) but they hold 6 rounds to the SP101's five.

If you want to use the 22 as a trainer, save up a few more bucks and keep your eye open for a decent S&W 617. If you consider the amount of time you will invest in using the 22, it should also be a quality gun.

Feedback Score
    its not as a trainer, just as a hey theres a beer can in the yard, lets put a hole in it gun. I wouldn't even mind if it was single action. Right now all i have is a 1911 in .45 so its a little more expensive to shoot cans and i can't hit much of anything with it.

Feedback Score
    59 (100%)
    I wouldn't even mind if it was single action.
    Ruger Single-Six.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast