Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your favorite .22?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    My favorite 22 is the 10/22 Sporter. I also really like the Marlin Texan lever action, the Marlin Cowboy lever action and the CMMG 22 conversion kit in my AR carbine. I'm also a big fan of the Remington 510 and the Ruger M77/22
    Last edited by MistWolf; 07-08-13 at 21:30.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score

What's your favorite .22?

A lot of good options to mull over. Thanks for the input. Glad to see there are still men who own guns and aren't afraid to admit they enjoy shooting a .22. Seems like this new wave of shooters is a bunch of Ar-nerds who prefer to call it a 5.56 round because it sounds bigger than .223.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildcard777 View Post
    ...Glad to see there are still men who own guns and aren't afraid to admit they enjoy shooting a .22...
    Wait- The real reason you started this thread was to out us??

Mother warned me there'd be days like this........
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score

Talking Marlin 2000

Mine is just like this (minus the scope) but I have painted the stock, black. This rifle has amazing accuracy.

Bill Tidler Jr.

...We have long maintained that the only accessories that a 1911 needs are a trigger you can manage, sights that you can see, and a dehorning job. That still goes.
    ~Jeff Cooper

Past the second cattle guard, at the end of the gravel road
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    CZ 452-2E. Five shot bolt gun with factory 16" threaded barrel.

I replaced the trigger with a Timney. I had to inlet the stock with a Dremel
    Scope is a parallax adjustable Leupold Vari X II 3x9 EFR which is designed for a .22
    Also it sports a screw on lightweight .22 suppressor.

With Wolf Match ammo it is crazy accurate and is my favorite .22 rifle.

I routinely dispatch squirrels in the head.

I have a 77/22, 10/22, and 1950s Winchester Browning clone to compare to.

Internet photo, similar to my rifle.
    Last edited by Ready.Fire.Aim; 07-08-13 at 22:22.
    "Jill, if there's ever a problem, just walk out on the balcony ... take that double-barrel shotgun and fire two blasts outside the house,.." VP Joe Biden Feb 19, 2013

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildcard777 View Post
    I have an older marlin 70 that's been great up until this last year. Time for a new .22! I'm on a budget and don't wanna spend more that $350. I've been thinking about a marlin 60ss tube fed or a Remington speed master. Any thoughts? I've shot the 10/22 and wasn't impressed.
    You haven't shot the right 10/22. I do a hammer and barrel change and the difference is night and day.

Bill Tidler Jr.

...We have long maintained that the only accessories that a 1911 needs are a trigger you can manage, sights that you can see, and a dehorning job. That still goes.
    ~Jeff Cooper

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Browning Takedown. Been rocking original takedown 22, since knee high. https://www.google.com/search?q=brow...w=1024&bih=459 I'm passin down grandfathers early Belgium model. Accurate, reliable, little, compact gun. Really thinking about slappin a can on it for a while.
    ^^ Read with southern accent !^^ and blame all grammatical errors on Alabama's public school system.
    Technique is nothing more than failed style. Cecil B DeMented
    "If you can't eat it or hump it, piss on it and walk away."-Dog
    Go where the food is.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    10/22... Great rifle. I built this one off an old 1992 receiver. It's the most accurate rifle I've ever owned.

Feedback Score
    My favorite 22. 10/22 with replacement target barrel and stock if shooting for tight shot groups. For shooting game it would probably be my dads old 10/22 with old weaver scope. It's older than me. No plastic parts.
    NRA Life Member.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox View Post
    Browning Takedown. Been rocking original takedown 22, since knee high. https://www.google.com/search?q=brow...w=1024&bih=459 I'm passin down grandfathers early Belgium model. Accurate, reliable, little, compact gun. Really thinking about slappin a can on it for a while.
    I tried it on mine. I was very unimpressed with the sound reduction. I thought the bottom eject would make it quieter at the ear. It was noticeably louder unfortunately.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast