Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your favorite .22?

Feedback Score

What's your favorite .22?

Make sense that it would be a little louder. The noise only travels feet before bouncing back to your ears.

Feedback Score
    If you're gonna be target shooting and want an accurate 22lr get a Savage MKii. I have the model without iron sights and a free floating/heavy barrel. Came with a scope mount. I put a bipod on it. I paid $220 without the bipod. Its super accurate and very fun to shoot. I've never messed with the accu-trigger.

If you're looking for a lever gun, get a Henry H0001 model. Just plain Jane, but equally as fun to shoot.

I also have a Umarex MP5-22. Completely different animal. This is my plinking gun, just for mag drops at zombie targets. Everyone needs to blow off some steam!

Everyone loves the 10/22. My brother has one and it is great. It seems that most like to modify their 10/22; which eqautes to some extra money. If you want something that shoots great right out of the box get the Savage MKii. 22lr are great for obvious reasons. Eventhough it has been hard to find 22lr ammo.
    Last edited by beprepared; 07-09-13 at 09:25.

Feedback Score

Re: What's your favorite .22?

Another here for the Savage Mark ii. Great shooter for the price.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildcard777 View Post
    I have an older marlin 70 that's been great up until this last year. Time for a new .22! I'm on a budget and don't wanna spend more that $350. I've been thinking about a marlin 60ss tube fed or a Remington speed master. Any thoughts? I've shot the 10/22 and wasn't impressed.
    While I would not consider it a precision rifle (and in this forum) I am a solid Model 60 fan. Mine is the 60SN and it was very accurate right out of the box. http://www.marlinfirearms.com/Firear...ading/60SN.asp

I am considering a 22LR bolt action, however, for more precision work, and probably a CZ or Savage.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    I tried it on mine. I was very unimpressed with the sound reduction. I thought the bottom eject would make it quieter at the ear. It was noticeably louder unfortunately.
    Damn, I thought there might be gas issue at lockup spot. Didn't even think about bottom door also being problematic. Thanks for info.
    ^^ Read with southern accent !^^ and blame all grammatical errors on Alabama's public school system.
    Technique is nothing more than failed style. Cecil B DeMented
    "If you can't eat it or hump it, piss on it and walk away."-Dog
    Go where the food is.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ready.Fire.Aim View Post
    CZ 452-2E. Five shot bolt gun with factory 16" threaded barrel.

I replaced the trigger with a Timney. I had to inlet the stock with a Dremel
    Scope is a parallax adjustable Leupold Vari X II 3x9 EFR which is designed for a .22
    Also it sports a screw on lightweight .22 suppressor.

With Wolf Match ammo it is crazy accurate and is my favorite .22 rifle.

I routinely dispatch squirrels in the head.

I have a 77/22, 10/22, and 1950s Winchester Browning clone to compare to.

Internet photo, similar to my rifle.

I would second going the CZ bolt route. I have a CZ 455 Lux and it is an absolute tackdriver. It is far more accurate than I'm but I have had no problem putting 5 rounds inside a dime at 50M using bulk CCI stingers.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by crusader377 View Post
    I would second going the CZ bolt route. I have a CZ 455 Lux and it is an absolute tackdriver. It is far more accurate than I'm but I have had no problem putting 5 rounds inside a dime at 50M using bulk CCI stingers.
    Thirds.

CZ452-2E American 16" threaded. Amazing rifle. SO glad I bought it about 4 years ago...

Stock trigger, Burris Timberland 4.5-14x AO in CZ rings, thread adaptor and Silencer Co Sparrow, Harris bipod, Triad Tactical cheek pack (take off from my Remmy 700 which has been sold).

Like the 10-rd mags when shooting, but it doesn't look as nice as the flush 5-rd mags.

I originally had a Weaver 2.5-7x on it but with the Burris you can break clays at 150yds quite easily with the BDC, even dropping them in with subsonics...
    Last edited by RHINOWSO; 07-11-13 at 18:15.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Fourths....CZ 455 with Leupold 2x7 and 452 trainer in .22 and a 452 trainer in .17HMR. Great shooters and the trainers are absolute joys with their great iron sights.

I also have a Marlin 60 that rides in the back of my truck that is night and day in quality with the CZs but is boringly reliable for woodchucks out to 100yds.
    Last edited by ShootinRN; 07-13-13 at 13:20.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    S&W M&P 15/22
    Ain't no pockets on a shroud..

Feedback Score
    Henry Hoo1 threaded

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast