Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Thread removed???

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    DPM,

I hear you, and although I need to measure my words carefully, this was not a case of anyone ganging up on anyone else. It was more a case where one or two individuals had a grievance against another one or two individuals (that was almost completely tertiary to the AAR), and Doc decided to leave us. I was not aware of any action to ban him, though I suppose this followed his notification that he would not be returning. I did not see it coming.

The majority of the staff is absolutely committed to taking the high road here, and although this particular ship has sailed, we are very aware of where things went off the rails, and very serious about preventing it from ever happening again. For the moment, that is the best that I can offer. I am sorry that it came to this, but it was apparent fairly early that the distances were too wide to be effectively bridged.

Lesson learned.

AC
    Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here. -- Captain John Parker, Lexington, 1775.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Damn it. This really sucks. Doc was and is a wealth of knowledge. This site is about education.

Amazing four or five guys can change and destroy that knowledge base on this forum. Now others will have to go outside of this site to gain educational knowledge which has been here for years.

Not OK guys! This needs to be fixed. You guys can work this out. I am sure everyone involved is about educating others.

Please put your egos away and work this out. We need professional teachers on this forum. Doc has put in untold hours and labor showing us what others have failed to do.

I don't know Doc. But I have been reading his work for years.

Please fix this.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVAN View Post
    This is why respectful discussions can not take place on the internet.
    Ed this has to change. M4C is about educating gun owners. If not here than where?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Re: Thread removed???

Quote Originally Posted by DreadPirateMoyer View Post
    The only problem with that is, by making this public (whatever "this" is), it became everyone's business, especially considering it was between public figures.
    I guess I disagree. If I see a couple arguing in a restaurant, I don't demand to know all facts leading up to their argument. It's their personal issues regardless if I see it spill over publicly. I just blow it off.
    We've lost a valuable contributor but as unfortunate as it is, it's still none of our business. I'm sure no one wanted it to happen & the staff has apologized to the members for their involvement. I guess I'm not as emotionally vested in this as some people are. At the end of they day, I'm gonna kiss my wife & hug my kids & go to bed so I can start a new day tomorrow.

Sent via Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ryno12; 07-08-13 at 18:43.
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    DPM,

I hear you, and although I need to measure my words carefully, this was not a case of anyone ganging up on anyone else. It was more a case where one or two individuals had a grievance against another one or two individuals (that was almost completely tertiary to the AAR), and Doc decided to leave us. I was not aware of any action to ban him, though I suppose this followed his notification that he would not be returning. I did not see it coming.

The majority of the staff is absolutely committed to taking the high road here, and although this particular ship has sailed, we are very aware of where things went off the rails, and very serious about preventing it from ever happening again. For the moment, that is the best that I can offer. I am sorry that it came to this, but it was apparent fairly early that the distances were too wide to be effectively bridged.

Lesson learned.

AC
    DPM:

I can not say this any better than AC has, so I am deferring to him here.

Ed
    "I'm not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The... tactleneck! - Sterling Archer"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important
    than one's fear. The timid presume it is lack of fear that allows the brave to act when the timid do not."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8iF5lfycn4

ETA: And like Ryno12, tonight I'm gonna kiss his wife & hug his kids & go to bed so I can start a new day tomorrow!
    Last edited by montanadave; 07-08-13 at 18:45.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

This has a very dirty/slimy feeling to it....

This has sadly been a reminder that very informative, relevant, and accurate information is not the number one priority for any large forum including this one.

Losing DocGKR's large presence, along with his resources is a big loss to say the least, and perhaps the saddest event that's happened while I've been a member.

I don't know DocGKR personally, however I have learned a metric shit ton of knowledge from him in regards to terminal ballistics because of his very unique presence on M4C. His info for years now has given me the best avail. info/testing in regards to selecting the most effective defensive ammo for my rifles, and handguns...which is very important for me, and my peace of mind.

Hate him, or love him.....his info on his subject matter is really beyond reproach. So obviously the only rub here is that 5-6 people couldn't get along, and thereby it cost thousands of people here on M4C the excellent resource that DocGKR provided in regards to terminal ballistics.
    Last edited by ALCOAR; 07-08-13 at 18:54.

Feedback Score
    I do value you this forum for information. I was about to throw down for 500 rounds of Federal 6.8 90 gr and was checking to see if DocGKR had tested that round. I guess disappointment would probably capture most folks feelings on this. And of course there is the curiosity factor to want to know the underlying drama. Why do you think we have ten different Housewives reality TV shows?

Unlike the poster above, I think this will be forgotten quickly by most forum members that will be impacted. I will still value Doc's opinion, and if given the opportunity, I would still consider a class by Hackathorn. I am also keeping all my Vickers gear.

I will end this by saying that in situations like this, the more information that can be provided, the better. When I was a police sergeant, I always thought we should give the public as absolutely as much information as possible without damaging the investigation, because I knew conspiracy theories were born out of the public trying to fill in the blanks.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Re: Thread removed???

Quote Originally Posted by montanadave View Post
    [url]
    ETA: And like Ryno12, tonight I'm gonna kiss his wife & hug his kids & go to bed so I can start a new day tomorrow!
    You SOB Dave!
    You know, just because I like you & I think you're funny, I'll let kiss my wife & hug my kids. She's breast feeding too so as an added bonus, you can give her an extra long hug while you're at it...

Sent via Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast