Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Today is the day for Carry Concealed in Illinois.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ned Christiansen View Post
    I am most anxious to be the first non FIP to hold an IL permit. Since, as I understand it, IL will not recognize any out of state permits, but there is a mechanism planned for out-of-staters to apply for one, well, that'll be me walkin' up the courthouse steps in Joliet or wherever at 8 AM the first day I can apply. Hopefully I'll have their training reqs ID'd and done ahead.

FIP, BTW, is a term I was given when asking my IL friends, "so what do they call people from Illinois?"
    Yes non residents may get a permit, $300 for 5 years. http://chicagogunsmith.com/blog/illi...ealed-law/137/

By the way it's F.I.P. as in Fuggin Illinois People.
    Last edited by AlphaKoncepts; 07-09-13 at 14:20.
    -Thomas

Member, ISRA; Life Member, NRA; USCCA Certified Instructor; NRA Certified Instructor, AGI Certified Gunsmith, Illinois Concealed Carry Instructor
    www.alphakoncepts.com www.gunrights4illinois.com

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Have definitely been pulling for you guys. I was admittedly surprised to see that the bill had any legs at all. This is some potentially great news.

AC
    Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here. -- Captain John Parker, Lexington, 1775.

Feedback Score

Re: Today is the day for Carry Concealed in Illinois.

Quote Originally Posted by CGS View Post
    183 here by declared passed not withstanding the AV. 41 yes votes.
    So 1453 is dead? CCW in Illinois is a done deal on 183?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    The fight is not over. The first person probably won't be issued until 2014, and we have a fall session coming up for the general assembly in a few months. I wonder how many bills the anti's will be throwing at us, and not a single citizen will even be carrying yet. Permits probably won't be issued to April of 2104.
    -Thomas

Member, ISRA; Life Member, NRA; USCCA Certified Instructor; NRA Certified Instructor, AGI Certified Gunsmith, Illinois Concealed Carry Instructor

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gunrunner505 View Post
    So 1453 is dead? CCW in Illinois is a done deal on 183?

1453 is a trailer bill which makes some minor changes to 183 if passed. Specifically signage and duty to inform. It's not dead yet but won't kill CC even if passed.

The fight will never be over, I suspect in the next sessions we see them throw mag bans at us, limitations on the quantity of firearms, the alcohol establishment thing is a big issue with the antis. I think we should go on a major offensive and introduce a barrage of our own bills to improve 183, put the antis on the defensive. Have them work to defeat OUR bills rather than us work to defeat their bills.
    Last edited by AlphaKoncepts; 07-09-13 at 14:30.
    -Thomas

Feedback Score

Re: Today is the day for Carry Concealed in Illinois.

Quote Originally Posted by CGS View Post
    1453 is a trailer bill which makes some minor changes to 183 if passed. Specifically signage and duty to inform. It's not dead yet but won't kill CC even if passed.

The fight will never be over, I suspect in the next sessions we see them throw mag bans at us, limitations on the quantity of firearms, the alcohol establishment thing is a big issue with the antis. I think we should go on a major offensive and introduce a barrage of our own bills to improve 183, put the antis on the defensive. Have them work to defeat OUR bills rather than us work to defeat their bills.
    Wish we had 997 passed but this is a start. Time to make improvements to it, make it better.

Feedback Score
    Yeah 0997 was much better, but we can turn this into that. Like you said time to make improvements. No doubt Todd Vandermeir is going to take a few days to celebrate and then begin contacting sponsors on our side to get improvement bills introduced.
    -Thomas

Feedback Score
    Just picked this off the net;

SPRINGFIELD -- Illinois lawmakers Tuesday quickly overrode Gov. Pat Quinn's amendatory veto of a concealed carry bill, making Illinois the 50th state to permit the licensed carrying of a firearm.

The Illinois House voted 77-31, without debate, to override Quinn's veto.

Hours later the Senate followed through with a 41-17 roll call overriding the governor's revisions to the bill. All area senators -- Mike Frerichs of Champaign, Chapin Rose of Mahomet, Dale Righter of Mattoon and Jason Barickman of Bloomington -- voted for the override.

The Senate did, however, pass a so-called "trailer bill" that incorporates three of Quinn's chnages. One requires lawful weapons carriers to inform police that they have a concealed firearm. Another deals with mental health reporting, and the third has to do with signage.

Although Illinois immediately becomes a concealed-carry, the state has six months to implement the law.
    Last edited by DoorSlammer; 07-09-13 at 15:01.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DoorSlammer View Post
    SPRINGFIELD -- Illinois lawmakers Tuesday quickly overrode Gov. Pat Quinn's amendatory veto of a concealed carry bill, making Illinois the 50th state to permit the licensed carrying of a firearm.

The Illinois House voted 77-31, without debate, to override Quinn's veto.

Hours later the Senate followed through with a 41-17 roll call overriding the governor's revisions to the bill. All area senators -- Mike Frerichs of Champaign, Chapin Rose of Mahomet, Dale Righter of Mattoon and Jason Barickman of Bloomington -- voted for the override.

The Senate did, however, pass a so-called "trailer bill" that incorporates three of Quinn's chnages. One requires lawful weapons carriers to inform police that they have a concealed firearm. Another deals with mental health reporting, and the third has to do with signage.

Although Illinois immediately becomes a concealed-carry, the state has six months to implement the law.
    There is some good stuff in the law such as preemption and transportation etc... that get tossed out immediately once 183 gets certified into law. Only the permits issuance and will take 180 to implement and 270 days until first permit is issued (assuming the state takes the maximum allowed amount of time).
    Last edited by AlphaKoncepts; 07-09-13 at 15:02.
    -Thomas

Feedback Score
    Can the center console or glove box be utilized to store a loaded weapon with this?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast