Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Today is the day for Carry Concealed in Illinois.

Feedback Score

Today is the day for Carry Concealed in Illinois.

If you did not know, today is the day that determines carry concealed once and for all (well not really once and for all) in Illinois. The ILGA will vote to over ride Governors veto of the carry concealed bill.

The rumor mill has it we will see the governor's amendments re-introduced as separate bills. TODAY IS A DAY ALL ILLINOIS GUN OWNERS ABSOLUTELY NEED TO BE PROACTIVE.

The Senate Dems. plan to caucus right after the Executive committee hearing this morning. If any of the Gov's veto items have any support, they plan to run them as separate trailer bills.

Please call your state senator and urge them to vote NO on any other changes to the carry bill!

http://www.capwiz.com/nra/dbq/officials/

http://www.ilga.gov/senate/

TODAY is the day.
    -Thomas

Member, ISRA; Life Member, NRA; USCCA Certified Instructor; NRA Certified Instructor, AGI Certified Gunsmith, Illinois Concealed Carry Instructor
    www.alphakoncepts.com www.gunrights4illinois.com

Feedback Score
    On a vote of 77/31/0, HB183 is declared passed not withstanding the Governor's recommendations.

The veto is overridden in the House. Onto the Senate.
    -Thomas

Member, ISRA; Life Member, NRA; USCCA Certified Instructor; NRA Certified Instructor, AGI Certified Gunsmith, Illinois Concealed Carry Instructor

Feedback Score
    IL Senate is delaying vote on HB183 by taking it out of the record.

On a side note it appears Attorney General Lisa Madigan has filed for a motion of appearance possibly to request appeal to SCOTUS. This is speculation on my part, and not fact, but based on the Senate's actions could be possible to prevent Illinois from falling off the Concealed Carry Cliff.
    -Thomas

Feedback Score
    OK more games. They are reusing to vote on the original CC bill and calling a new CC bill with the Governors changes included.

HB1453 is up and is a trailer bill. President Cullerton moves to adopt Amendment 2 which is a trailer to HB183.

Senator Murphy points out that the third reading deadline has not been extended on the bill. He is told it has been extended to 11/7/2013.

Amend 2 adds the governor's signage wording, duty to inform, and mental health provisions.
    -Thomas

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I've had a gut full of all these games.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ryr8828 View Post
    I've had a gut full of all these games.
    Tell me about it! I was able to emotionally disconnect myself from the topic though about a month ago. It was really having a negative affect on my life. Not kidding, down right depressing!

HB1453 passed in the Senate as amended on a vote of 45/13/0. HB1453 back to the House. (Hopefully the house kills it.)
    -Thomas

Feedback Score
    HB183 is now up in the Senate.

Senator Raoul supports the override.
    -Thomas

Feedback Score
    Senator Jacobs suggests to the Governor that he might want to work with the legislature while they're actually in session. hahahah
    -Thomas

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I am most anxious to be the first non FIP to hold an IL permit. Since, as I understand it, IL will not recognize any out of state permits, but there is a mechanism planned for out-of-staters to apply for one, well, that'll be me walkin' up the courthouse steps in Joliet or wherever at 8 AM the first day I can apply. Hopefully I'll have their training reqs ID'd and done ahead.

FIP, BTW, is a term I was given when asking my IL friends, "so what do they call people from Illinois?"

Feedback Score
    183 here by declared passed not withstanding the AV. 41 yes votes.
    -Thomas

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast