Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Today is the day for Carry Concealed in Illinois.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have spent a lot of time on the Illinois General Assembly website reviewing HB183. Does anyone have a link to documents pertaining to HB183 Legislative Intent? I would like to have my ducks in a row when I start teaching courses.

Feedback Score
    The House Judiciary Committee recommends the House do concur on HB1453 on a vote of 13/3/0. (this does not yet mean the House has voted on it.)
    -Thomas

Member, ISRA; Life Member, NRA; USCCA Certified Instructor; NRA Certified Instructor, AGI Certified Gunsmith, Illinois Concealed Carry Instructor
    www.alphakoncepts.com www.gunrights4illinois.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    I have spent a lot of time on the Illinois General Assembly website reviewing HB183. Does anyone have a link to documents pertaining to HB183 Legislative Intent? I would like to have my ducks in a row when I start teaching courses.
    This has nothing to do with legislative intent but may give you a small bit of insight... None of it is "official" other than what you see re-posted from the Illinois State Police http://chicagogunsmith.com/blog/illi...ealed-law/137/ You may want to ask over at http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php Those guys know a ton more than I do.
    Last edited by AlphaKoncepts; 07-09-13 at 15:09.
    -Thomas

Member, ISRA; Life Member, NRA; USCCA Certified Instructor; NRA Certified Instructor, AGI Certified Gunsmith, Illinois Concealed Carry Instructor

Feedback Score
    HB183 is now Public Act 98-0063
    -Thomas

IL (formely the worst damn state in the nation, but no more. Thank You New York.)
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DoorSlammer View Post

Although Illinois immediately becomes a concealed-carry, the state has six months to implement the law.
    And.............. ISP will have a 3 month window to "process" the requisite paperwork. So - the EARLIEST that anyone will be carrying will be 9 months - the best part of a year down the road. (And really - what are the sanctions if ISP DOES take longer than 90 days for processing:)

john - trapped in this god-forsaken state
    jmoore (aka - geezer john)

"The state that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools." Thucydides

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Finally
    "The future's uncertain, and the end is always near." Jim Morrison

"Fortuitous outcomes reinforce poor training and tactics"

IL (formely the worst damn state in the nation, but no more. Thank You New York.)
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nickdrak View Post
    Finally :D
    I still don't hear that fat lady singing, though!!!!!

john
    jmoore (aka - geezer john)

"The state that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools." Thucydides

Feedback Score
    I won't hear her singing until the very first permit is issued. But then it still won't be over, every legislative session we should expect anti gun legislation and attacks on not only our 2a rights in general but specifically our CC rights.
    -Thomas

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jmoore View Post
    And.............. ISP will have a 3 month window to "process" the requisite paperwork. So - the EARLIEST that anyone will be carrying will be 9 months - the best part of a year down the road. (And really - what are the sanctions if ISP DOES take longer than 90 days for processing

john - trapped in this god-forsaken state
    I did not see any penalties or anything in HB183 for failure to comply with deadlines. I have been informed that the ISP is working to make it happen though and the NRA lobbyist, Todd Vandermeir, is working with the ISP to implement the system.
    -Thomas

Feedback Score
    1453 fails in the house. 63y 47n, 71 was required to pass.
    -Thomas

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast