Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: IR laser systems- what we need them to make

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Armati View Post
    Yep, it's a stupid rule, much like a lot of stupid rules gun owners have to deal with. However, the industry will easier time making products that meet market demand than they will trying to get the FDA to change policy.

So, one more time from the top - IR laser, IR laser (not LED) illuminator, AA batteries, as small and light as possible but durable enough to be dropped on it's head. If they make that I will buy one. I think others will too.
    Here Here.

There are no restrictions on VIS laser power correct? Just IR?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Here Here.

There are no restrictions on VIS laser power correct? Just IR?
    5mW for Vis. lasers.

Vic
    Victor Di Cosola
    sales@tnvc.com
    http://www.tnvc.com
    "Eliminating our adversaries 940nm at a time"

Feedback Score
    Last edited by hnoppenberger; 12-30-13 at 10:19.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hnoppenberger View Post

It's nice to see most companies don't care about the power output law. The 5 watt laser will burn through metal FYI. that one happens to be IR too, fun.
    Yeah, I never understood this. This guy is a 1400mW Class 4 laser:

http://www.wickedlasers.com/arctic

So why is are companies like Laser Devices and TNVC so concerned?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Armati View Post
    Yeah, I never understood this. This guy is a 1400mW Class 4 laser:

http://www.wickedlasers.com/arctic

So why is are companies like Laser Devices and TNVC so concerned?
    At the bottom of that page they say this

Our Guarantees

We guarantee delivery to every country in the world or your money back. We guarantee your laser will be free from defects for a full year from the date of receipt. We guarantee a 30-day money back return policy. We guarantee that the Arctic is 100% legal under U.S. federal law and federal safety requirements.
    Also, if I had spare cash to burn I would totally buy one of those arctic models because hey you never know when one might need to signal the space station.

Feedback Score
    Lets get serious, its the food and drug administration, who's scared of that? It's not like they have operatives working for them. And what's more, what is some lame U.S. entity really going to do to a foriegn company? Cut off our foriegn aid tax money? Not a chance.

My guess is the domestic companies follow the rules because they have a business and don't want the potential headache of getting busted by the food police.

Anyway, It would be cool to own one of those, damn 200 mile range?! LIke everything else i'm sure that would get old, plus draw retarded amounts of attention.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Lets get serious, its the food and drug administration, who's scared of that? It's not like they have operatives working for them. And what's more, what is some lame U.S. entity really going to do to a foriegn company? Cut off our foriegn aid tax money? Not a chance.

My guess is the domestic companies follow the rules because they have a business and don't want the potential headache of getting busted by the food police.

Anyway, It would be cool to own one of those, damn 200 mile range?! LIke everything else i'm sure that would get old, plus draw retarded amounts of attention.
    Ask AvengeUsa on the forums he frequents how they get you, because they got him. He was doing vis to IR laser swaps in various housings and selling on his internet store and got raided a few years ago, big thread on the other side in the archives.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by N.Franklin View Post
    Ask AvengeUsa on the forums he frequents how they get you, because they got him. He was doing vis to IR laser swaps in various housings and selling on his internet store and got raided a few years ago, big thread on the other side in the archives.
    Because there are obviously not more pressing issues needing to be dealt with.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

http://www.fda.gov/ICECI/CriminalInv...ns/default.htm

actually fda has special agents. whether or not they come knocking in ninja suits, i have no idea, but they have law enforcement personnel.

also, if someone is shipping things into the united states and the items are illegal, that's a customs violation and customs is under--GASP--dhs. don't want the dhs boogiemonster after you now do you?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I seriously doubt the NSA approves of this conversation.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast