Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any Experience With the SF E1B Backup™?

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekatar View Post
    E1B Backup™

http://www.surefire.com/maxexp/main/...4511/sesent/00

It looks like a very, very nice carry option to compliment your CCW.
    Hands down, one of the best flashlights to come out of SF in a LONG time. It is a hot seller for us.

C4

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I just picked one up from Grant; very slick!

Feedback Score
    83 (100%)

Question

Okay, the "tinker bug" has bit me on this light. Does anyone know if the Vltor E-series Scout Mount will fit the E1B?

I like that little light and was thinking it might make a good tactical handheld as well as a weapons mounted light on my N4. Any issues besides the slighter smaller bezel resulting in a bit less beam throw?

I was thinking about replacing my bigger 6P with this light since it's smaller, lighter, has two beam settings, and longer burn time.

Feedback Score

E1B

"Does anyone know if the Vltor E-series Scout Mount will fit the E1B? "

Just tried it in a E-series mount. It fits. Just barely, but it does fit and it would work great as a weapon light.

My E1B arrived yesterday. Used it in a low light class last night.

I can't say enough good things about this light. If I didn't already have a bunch of other pending purchases, I'd buy another one right now.

It'll definitely replace an E2 as my EDC light.

Feedback Score
    I've stopped carrying most of my 6v lights in favor the E1B. It is as bright as my previous E2e, E2L, etc and smaller and lighter and takes only 1 battery. Plus, the low-power function is a home run as now the light is not only a tactical-level light, but a damn useful work light for the 95% of the time you actually use the light. It totally rocks... and I think it is about the most nearly perfect plainclothes, off-duty and backup light you can buy.

The bezel-down carry option solved the biggest problem with my previous E1L - too top heavy for bezel-up carry. The E1B also has the lock-out tailcap feature set at as little as 1/4 turn off fully tightened - easy to keep locked and quickly turned to function.

Can't say enough good things about this light. I only carry 6v lights now when I need full-blown tactical illumination and/or more range (using a xenon head). Lately I've been liking the Pelican PM6 and the Streamlight TL-2 for that purpose.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12