Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: aimpoint opinions

Feedback Score

aimpoint opinions

i'm looking to buy and aimpoint in the near future i want to get either a comp m3 or m4 and i just wanted to know people opinions about both of them i know i want a 2 moa dot which the you can only get in an m4 so the fact that the m3 can have a 4 moa doesnt interest me thanks

Feedback Score
    I just got an M4 for my SBR and I like it. I took the kill flash off because I did care for it but I like the super long battery life on a common battery. I think the M3 averages out a little cheaper thean the M4 after you mount it so that is something to consider.

Dave

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Do you plan on scuba diving with your aimpoint or using NVG? If not, you might want to look at the CompC3 and save a ben franklin...

hth!

Feedback Score
    I just purchased a C3 w/2moa and like it alot, if you dont need to dive with it then I think the C3 would work for you.

Feedback Score
    As has already been stated you can get 2 MOA dot with CompM3 and CompC3 sights. If you are not diving with your carbine and optic, nor using it extensively with night vision or worried about down range signature of the red dot at night than a CompC3 will work very well for you.

The following information is based strictly on MSRP, not the deal that you might be able to get from LaRue Tactical, ATS Tactical Gear, or M4Carbine.

CompM4 - $780 w/ Integral QRP II Mount 2 MOA AA battery 80,000 hours

CompM3 - $556 w/out mount 2 or 4 MOA dot 1/3N Lithium 50,000 hours
    - $671 w/ QRP Mount w/Spacer @ $115
    - $666 w/ American Defense AD68 Mount @ $110
    - $671 w/ LaRue Tactical Mount @ $115
    - $709 w/ ARMS Mount @ $153
    - $721 w/ GG&G Mount @ $165

CompC3 - $415 w/out out mount 2 or 4 MOA dot 1/3N Lithium 50,000 hours
    - $530 w/ QRP Mount w/spacer @ $115
    - $525 w/ American Defense AD68 Mount @ $110
    - $530 w/ LaRue Tactical Mount @ $115
    - $568 w/ ARMS Mount @ $153
    - $580 w/ GG&G Mount @ $165

S/F

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    from reading other aimpoint post here...cant go wrong with either..

Feedback Score
    I own both the M3 2moa, and the M4. They are both solid sights. In my opinion, the only differences, besides the price, are the type of battery and battery life in the M4, and the differences in the base of the sights. The M4 screws directly into it's mount which prevents any type of cant in the sight as opposed to the M3 which goes into a ring. This may be a negative if you are left handed, or do a lot of support side shooting, as the battery compartment/control knob might block part of your field of view because you can't rotate it to the left like the M3. The new M4B will make that a non issue as the compartment will be moved to the bottom of the sight.

Feedback Score
    comp m3 is a great sight... i've done lots of shooting with mine and no problems whatsoever.

Feedback Score
    i really like my ML3 2MOA in LT mount.

if you are not planning on using NVGs and want a 2MOA dot go with the ML3

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LBG375 View Post
    I own both the M3 2moa, and the M4. They are both solid sights. In my opinion, the only differences, besides the price, are the type of battery and battery life in the M4, and the differences in the base of the sights. The M4 screws directly into it's mount which prevents any type of cant in the sight as opposed to the M3 which goes into a ring. This may be a negative if you are left handed, or do a lot of support side shooting, as the battery compartment/control knob might block part of your field of view because you can't rotate it to the left like the M3. The new M4B will make that a non issue as the compartment will be moved to the bottom of the sight.
    when does this m4b come out and where can i find some info on it?
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward.
    Whoever cannot take care of themself without that law is both.
    For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you, if I die, you are forgiven."
    Such is the Rule of Honor.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast