Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: aimpoint opinions

Feedback Score
    I was planning on holding out for the M4S...until I found a great deal on an ACOG.

Just means I need another build for a M4S...and a build for the new Troy DMS...Damn this is addicting!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Parabellum9x19mm View Post
    +1

i have heard the KillFlash will interfere with use of BUIS. is this true?

I haven't had any problems with mine. I zeroed my irons with the killflash installed on my M4 with no issues.

Feedback Score

Question Opinion?

A Comp C3 in a AMD mount for a Law Enforcement Trunk Monkey (Patrol Carbine)? Adequate, or go with the ML3? I have no experience with Aimpoint other than I like them and must own one (or two). Of course, as with all married with children blue collar workers...price is an option.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar 319 View Post
    A Comp C3 in a AMD mount for a Law Enforcement Trunk Monkey (Patrol Carbine)? Adequate, or go with the ML3? I have no experience with Aimpoint other than I like them and must own one (or two). Of course, as with all married with children blue collar workers...price is an option.
    You won't go wrong with a CompC3 in an AMD or LT mount for a Patrol Carbine.

S/F

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
    Roger. But "does it compensate for any downrange signature? Or is there some other feature with the M and ML series that does that?"

Like, say, the extra layers of lens coating on the M3?
    Sub,
    The ARD minimizes glint off the glass so you won't give away your position to the enemy down range during daylight. Not really an issue in Iraq as your vehicles or large patrol elements already do that. It is an issue in Afghanistan. Remember METT-TSL drives gear requirements.

The additional lens coatings on an M series (ML and C series do not have the additional lens coatings) is what minimizes red dot down range signature at night. However, an ARD might minimize red dot down range signature at night for an ML or C series, something you can check and report back to us.

S/F

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FJB View Post
    Sub,
    The ARD minimizes glint off the glass so you won't give away your position to the enemy down range during daylight....

The additional lens coatings on an M series (ML and C series do not have the additional lens coatings) is what minimizes red dot down range signature at night. However, an ARD might minimize red dot down range signature at night for an ML or C series, something you can check and report back to us.

S/F
    Never make a periscope approach with the target between you and the sun.

You answered my question on the lens coating for the M-series. Gracias.

I may just be able to rustle up an AN/PVS-14 and conduct the test (subjective, not objective) that you suggest.
    "The very purpose of a Bill of Rights was to withdraw certain subjects from the vicissitudes of political controversy, to place them beyond the reach of majorities and officials and to establish them as legal principles to be applied by the courts." Justice Robert Jackson, WV St. Board of Education v. Barnette, 319 U.S. 624 (1943)

"I don’t care how many pull ups and sit ups you can do. I care that you can move yourself across the ground with a fighting load and engage the enemy." Max Velocity

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123