Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: keeping track of your components

Feedback Score

keeping track of your components

My bench is starting to look like a cardboard box graveyard as I am using the small boxes my orders are shipped in as storage.

Looking for ideas for a more neat and organized way to keep track of brass in various stages of prepping and up off the bench so I have more space.

Thought maybe just build shelves and get tupperware-type containers with lids. they'd be sealable and see-through which would be a plus.
    "Why "zombies"? Because calling it 'training to stop a rioting, starving, panicking, desperate mob after a complete governmental financial collapse apocalypse' is just too wordy." or in light of current events: training to stop a rioting, looting, molotov cocktail throwing, skinny jeans wearing, uneducated bunch of lemmings duped by, or working directly for, a marxist organization attempting to tear down America while hiding behind a race-based name

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Ive got a ton of tupperwear type containers and they work just about as well as anything. No need for shelves as they stack pretty well and will handle the weight. I think I have 5 or 6 stacked up right now that have at least 1000 .308 cases in each with no signs of buckling on the bottom one.

Depending on how much brass you have, 5 gallon buckets might also work well. They are cheap and if you are not using one you can just stack it under one you are using. I could probably do this with 9mm and 45 cases, one for dirty, one for clean.
    Last edited by rjacobs; 07-10-13 at 14:57.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I use several of these to hold my brass and bullets while reloading:

I got them from my local Ace Hardware store. They come in a variety of colors and sizes and they stack well, saving bench space. They also have a slot in the front to insert a label, so you can change it as needed without scraping a sticker off.
    Last edited by CrazyFingers; 07-10-13 at 15:14.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I store prepped brass in the 33.9oz Folgers plastic containers. They hold almost 1000 pieces of .223 brass and they stack pretty well. And I'm drinking the coffee anyway (coffee snobs are probably shaking their heads ), so the containers are pretty much free.

ETA: And I usually keep projectiles in Ziploc bags or containers similar to those in the above post.
    Last edited by JasonA; 07-10-13 at 16:02.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Re: keeping track of your components

I use .30 & .50 cal ammo cans for powder, primers & projos & MTM cases for the brass.

Sent via Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    When my Grandpa was still alive, he would take a mayonnaise jar lid and use screws to attach it to the bottom shelf on his cabinets above the bench. Then fill the jars with brass or whatever, screw it onto the mounted lid and it is up out of his way.

He did it with jars of all sizes, you can see what's inside and it is up out of the way.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

I use these I got them from home depot they are cheap 2.98 and I make a label out of masking tape with what is going on. I.E. "sized need trim and ream" or "sized trimmed need ream" makes life so much easier I know it saved me from having to examine them each time I put them away and pulled back out.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I use similar plastic containers and write the name on the side with a sharpie.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigereye View Post
    I use similar plastic containers and write the name on the side with a sharpie.
    I just do it by what process it is in bascically same thing sometimes I have 5-10k that are in one process if i get lazy and then i just throw more tape on. Like when my son gets in trouble or needs some extra money I always have a bunch for him to trim

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Stackable totes/trays.

I'd post a pic of mine, but then every Whistler this side of the Ho Chi Mihn trail would want some.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast