Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: keeping track of your components

Feedback Score

humidity

I think I like the tupperware idea as my stuff is all in a basement that is not as dry as I would prefer.

Have a dehumidifier working 24/7 but would probably be wise to keep as much as possible in containers with a lid and one of those little packs that absorb moisture; the term escapes me...
    "Why "zombies"? Because calling it 'training to stop a rioting, starving, panicking, desperate mob after a complete governmental financial collapse apocalypse' is just too wordy." or in light of current events: training to stop a rioting, looting, molotov cocktail throwing, skinny jeans wearing, uneducated bunch of lemmings duped by, or working directly for, a marxist organization attempting to tear down America while hiding behind a race-based name

Feedback Score
    Desiccant

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I use Tupperware type containers as well to store brass. I believe you are referring to the small silica gel desicant packs. I keep a small one of those in with my dies and it works well. haven't had any rust issues. Usually run the dehumidifier for a few hours every other day this time of year and it definitely works. The air in the room stays pretty dry.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JW5219 View Post
    I use Tupperware type containers as well to store brass. I believe you are referring to the small silica gel desicant packs. I keep a small one of those in with my dies and it works well. haven't had any rust issues. Usually run the dehumidifier for a few hours every other day this time of year and it definitely works. The air in the room stays pretty dry.

Good idea on the silica in with the dies, I never thought of it...thanks
    'Evil Minds That Plot Destruction'

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    You're welcome. It seems like almost any package you get shipped to your house these days has one or two small ones in it. That's where I get mine anyway.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12