Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My 'reworked Limited gun', it's damn sweet!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I don't think it is ported, last time I shot competition (2002) limited pistols couldn't be ported. I think gotm4 had the slide lightened.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HighSpeedDreams View Post
    Who did the porting?
    The slide has been lightened A LOT. It weights 11.9oz with the sights, FP, FP stock, extractor etc. installed. The barrel isn't ported.

Kevin Greeley did the work. www.greeleycustom.com he does awesome work.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    any drawbacks to the lightening mod? would this mod be suited for a standard type gov't slide in a recreational gun?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    any drawbacks to the lightening mod? would this mod be suited for a standard type gov't slide in a recreational gun?
    This is a 'race gun' I wouldn't lighten up a defensive/carry gun.

Here's some pics with the new Caspian rear sight and new rear of the slide serrations. It was way too slick. I'll be sending off the slide for IonBond soon.

Kevin Greeley did the excellent work. www.greeleycustom.com

Feedback Score
    Nice blaster dude. I was playing with my Brazos BCG Pro Limited gun a little yesterday. Made me miss shooting Limited. Probably in 2010 I'll go back. I enjoy the darkside for now.

Rich
    "Pressure is what you feel when you don't know what you're doing." - Chuck Knox

For those that say USPSA/IPSC/3-Gun isn't tactical...speed is a tactic!

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    Nice blasters

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by uscbigdawg View Post
    Nice blaster dude. I was playing with my Brazos BCG Pro Limited gun a little yesterday. Made me miss shooting Limited. Probably in 2010 I'll go back. I enjoy the darkside for now.

Rich
    I'm shooting Open Minor until my M&P9L is legal in Production.....doh!

Hopefully not to many of my classifiers will drop off, I'm like 1.4% from A class in Production right now.

Feedback Score
    If you go to Benning, I'll be RO'ing. Not too many people my size walkin' around.

Rich
    "Pressure is what you feel when you don't know what you're doing." - Chuck Knox

For those that say USPSA/IPSC/3-Gun isn't tactical...speed is a tactic!

Feedback Score
    Sweet machine

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gotm4 View Post
    I used Atlanta Arms .40 MATCH (it's loaded very long, too long for Glocks) but I get it for a pretty good price with todays ammo prices. I don't really have time to reload so it's a good compromise.
    Background on that ammo: although it is .40 S&W ammo, it is loaded to the length of 10mm ammo. If you have ever tried to load 10mm ammo into the magazine of a Glock .40 (or most .40 cal magazines) you know that 10mm is too long to fit in the magazine or the pistol.

Why would such ammo work in Robb's gun then?

In USPSA (aka IPSC) the .40 cal round is the minimum bullet diameter allowed in the divsion or "class" that Robb is shooting: Limited Division, Major power factor. The most popular gun for that division in the USA is a custom STI or SV high capacity 1911 (even though Glocks have won national championships and 75s/CZs tend to dominate internationally). The STI/SV .40 still uses a magazine long enough to accomodate the longer .45ACP, and its long enough to accept 10mm too. Such guns feed better on longer-loaded .40 ammo. Plus, loading .40 that long allows the use of very fast burning powder that would blow the case if loaded as short as most factory 40S&W. Since we rarely pick up brass & we shoot a lot, its much cheaper to simply load .40 really long.

Good shooting Robb! Nice gun BTW.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123