Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 642 Question

Feedback Score
    I would guess MIM parts??? I have 3 of them!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by weggy View Post
    Like the Smith, hate those damn locks.
    There is a guy over on the S&W forum who makes a custom aluminum filler that plugs right in and hides it some... They have been around for years and are well regarded as to function and hiding the S&W "zit."

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I had been using a Nemesis to carry my Bodyguard so I was going to try another one but I may have to try the one that carries a speed strip. Is it any bigger than the Nemesis?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HighDesert View Post
    There is a guy over on the S&W forum who makes a custom aluminum filler that plugs right in and hides it some... They have been around for years and are well regarded as to function and hiding the S&W "zit."

All you have to do it take the lock off and grind the tit off that stops the trigger then reassemble the parts and the lock will not lock. No need to BUY a part.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
    All you have to do it take the lock off and grind the tit off that stops the trigger then reassemble the parts and the lock will not lock. No need to BUY a part.
    The point is that it not only stops the lock, but the hole is FILLED IN with a piece of aluminum that matches the finish of the revolver so it appears clean.

People don't just hate the physical locking mechanism, but also the appearance of it...

Many Ruger models (LCR, LC9 and SA Revolvers etc) have an internal lock as well, but it is hidden by the grips... You don't hear people complaining about the Rugers anywhere as much.

Not my pic:

Last edited by HighDesert; 07-13-13 at 23:56. Reason: Pic added

Feedback Score
    I bought my dash 2 February 2005 (still have the receipt). I was told at the time that the dash 2 meant it was now rated for +P, as marked on the barrel.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Knightsofnee View Post
    I bought my dash 2 February 2005 (still have the receipt). I was told at the time that the dash 2 meant it was now rated for +P, as marked on the barrel.
    Nope. The -1 is also +P rated.

As was already stated, -2 means it has the dreaded lock.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12