Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Most popular Glock trigger for concealed carry?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    The NY1 trigger sucks, I use one at work, which blows.

For you guys carrying the NY1 in your carry guns, is it because you like the "smooth" trigger or because you fear the liability involved with a light trigger?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Why do you think you even need a new trigger group?

Factory, like everyone else has said. The only thing I changed on my G19 was put a smooth trigger in it, which is the factory G17 trigger. Other than that it has thousands of rounds through it and is incredibly smooth.
    "My craving is, and always has been, to be involved in actions conducted to ensure America remains strong, safe, and free of those who have its destruction as their goal."
    - Billy Waugh

"When you enter a room full of armed men, shoot the first person who moves, hostile or otherwise. He has started to think and is therefore dangerous."
    - Robert "Paddy" Mayne

Feedback Score
    18 (95%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo_Man View Post

For you guys carrying the NY1 in your carry guns, is it because you like the "smooth" trigger or because you fear the liability involved with a light trigger?
    I prefer the feel of a more constant take-up coupled with the rolling break and firmer reset.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Leave the trigger alone and replace the sights. A Vickers slide stop and a few more mags would also be nice. Don't replace or "improve" anything else.

Feedback Score
    Congratulations on acquiring what is probably the most popular Glock model on the planet right now. I think that the Glock 5.5 trigger is the best way to go for a carry package that gets some target and maybe even weekend competition time. I have played with the 3.5, the NY-1 with 3.5, and straight-up NY-1, and haven't found them to work any better, or more reliably for me than the standard 5.5. With liberal application of dry fire practice performed in the safest manner possible, you will have no problem mastering the trigger of your pistol. I do like the idea of the putting a 17 trigger bar assembly into a 19 if it works reliably. I personally cannot stand the serrations, which along with the trigger safety, cause me to develop a blister after prolonged range time. I've got dibs on a Gen 4 26 at a local shop and intend to see if the Gen 4 17 trigger will fit in the smaller package.

In the 26 years I've spent owning and shooting Glocks, the only aftermarket parts I've personally found that are thoroughly reliable for a carry gun are aftermarket sights and Wolff magazine springs.
    Last edited by walkin' trails; 07-14-13 at 09:23.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I think everyone listing the NY1 is doing so in conjunction with the the (-) connector. Have you tried that combination? Is nice...
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Before switching out the trigger bar; my Gen 3 G19 had an issue with breaking trigger springs. Prior to changing out the bar, I spent some time on the NY1/- combo. For me; I didnt care for the increase in pull weight on the trigger and thought the reset was too positive. I've moved away from that setup and never wanted to go back.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Most popular Glock trigger for concealed carry?

I have the NY1/- combo in my carry gun and I like how the pull is smoother, even if it feels longer. Not to mention the NY1 spring seems like a much stronger unit.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Re: Most popular Glock trigger for concealed carry?

I also experimented with the NY1 + (-) connector combo, but it wasn't for me. I went back to the factory setup, did some light polishing on parts, and shot the piss out of it. I figured out that was the route for me.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I have tried the combo and do not believe it is smooth at all, then again, my duty gun has a standard connector and an NY1 so I may be bias against it.

I actually prefer the crisp break of just a negative connector.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast