Thread: Defensive Scenarios

Feedback Score

Defensive Scenarios

After reading the replies in the What's Enough Defensive Ammo thread I was wondering what we would be defending and who would we be defending it from. Wondering how much ammo you would need completely depends upon the nature and type of threat.

I watched a trailer from Pantaeo Productions and the Gent on their talked about being a killing machine and I don't doubt that. How would anyone defend against a group with military or special forces training? I'll be honest and as much as I would fight, I'm not sure I'd stand a chance. I need weapons training and I hope to get in the upcoming year, but fighting against a paramilitary group in a SHTF scenario? All the rounds in the world may not make a difference.

Anyone, Vets with combat experience in particular, have any thoughts?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Don't be alone. Don't even be in a small group.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanB View Post
    Don't be alone. Don't even be in a small group.
    But there are not a lot of people that I can stand to be around.........

If trained and practiced a small group can be effective against a much larger one. Mobility is the key for a small group. In a static defense a small group is going to get outmaneuvered. Having a plan and having that plan a flexible as possible is the only way it will work. Traditionally, it takes a much larger force to defend something than it does to assault it. The office has the advantage. Having a mobile counter-offence is the only way to get negate that.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score

Defense

Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    But there are not a lot of people that I can stand to be around.........

If trained and practiced a small group can be effective against a much larger one. Mobility is the key for a small group. In a static defense a small group is going to get outmaneuvered. Having a plan and having that plan a flexible as possible is the only way it will work. Traditionally, it takes a much larger force to defend something than it does to assault it. The office has the advantage. Having a mobile counter-offence is the only way to get negate that.

This the kind of information those of us without military experience need. Thanks. Anyone out there have any book recomendations?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 12SERIES View Post
    This the kind of information those of us without military experience need. Thanks. Anyone out there have any book recomendations?
    Army Ranger handbook is very focused on small unit tactics if that's what you want to learn:

http://www.atu.edu/rotc/docs/3_21-76_Ranger_HB.pdf

Army Infantry Rifle Platoon and Squad:

http://www.shu.edu/offices/upload/FM-7-8.pdf
    "Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it." Thomas Paine

Feedback Score

Looters and "animals" in general

After reading the replies in the What's Enough Defensive Ammo thread I was wondering what we would be defending and who would we be defending it from. Wondering how much ammo you would need completely depends upon the nature and type of threat.
    My thoughts go to the lowlifes who were out trying to take advantage of the situation on Staten Island just after Sandy hit.

We are half a mile or so "uphill" from the bad flooding so we only lost power for a couple days but did see people who weren't exactly from our neighborhood passing through with increasing regularity until the first break-in. Combine that with the fact that cell service was non-existant and NYPD and FDNY were quite busy in the worse-hit areas. You didn't need your tinfoil hat to see it could get ugly.

Small group of officers from my job felt we were prepared to protect the castle if necessary, but it never came to that.

And that was just a storm; I imagine it'd be a little more interesting if we had some economic issues that kept certain parts of society from getting their free stuff when they expected it...
    "Why "zombies"? Because calling it 'training to stop a rioting, starving, panicking, desperate mob after a complete governmental financial collapse apocalypse' is just too wordy." or in light of current events: training to stop a rioting, looting, molotov cocktail throwing, skinny jeans wearing, uneducated bunch of lemmings duped by, or working directly for, a marxist organization attempting to tear down America while hiding behind a race-based name

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Lightbulb

I'll re-post these here as they apply:

Bracken: When The Music Stops – How America’s
    Cities May Explode In Violence

http://westernrifleshooters.wordpres...e-in-violence/

Why Do I Need a Rifle?
    http://www.marksmanshipmatters.com/i...d=49&Itemid=62

Monsters of Anarchy - Post Collapse Security Considerations
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOo9bjLtL3Q
    Last edited by Moose-Knuckle; 07-17-13 at 03:54.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18