First let me thank everyone who contributed their experiences and preferences in my recent thread on Aimpoint dot size. https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=13000

Quote Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
Both work fine.

Given that, my preference is the one can I get used with a LaRue mount for less than $350.
Well, I didn't do quite that well. Got a ML3 4moa delivered for $350 which I thought was fair. Didn't get the LT-150 yet. Maybe I should have held out for a better deal? Perhaps I should provide some perspective before giving my intial thoughts on it.

Forgive me M4C for I have sinned by using the EO 552(F) on a LT-110 mount. Since my sample size of (1) has functioned properly so far I don't dislike it as much as others do. While I don't much care for its "non-traditional" appearance looking at it, I do like looking through it, which seems more important. However, opinions posted by those with far more knowledge and experience than I, give me concern over the long term reliability and durability of the EO's so I wanted to try an Aimpoint.

When first putting the Aimpoint dot on a target I wasn't immediately struck by a huge difference in dot size between it and the small 552 dot. Then I went back and forth between the two looking at that aspect specifically. OK, it's a little bigger. It does appear the Aimpoint dot gets smaller at the lower brightness settings. I did quickly recognize that during daylight conditions the lower half of the Aimpoint brightness settings would not be usable for me but even in sunshine the maximum setting wasn't necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Resq47 View Post
I'm not a 4MOA shooter while moving

Get what you can get the best deal on and learn it.
This may represent my initial feeling as well as anything else. Based on my expected use - shooting position, distance, terrain - and skill level there are probably greater factors that will determine a hit or miss (or how centered of a hit) than whether I was using a 4 moa or 2 moa dot on the Aimpoint. No doubt for some of you it will have an impact on your accuracy and you can benefit from a smaller dot.

I'm looking forward to getting a chance to try it out.