Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Surefire models similar to Fury Defender/EAG with clickie tailcap???

Feedback Score

Surefire models similar to Fury Defender/EAG with clickie tailcap???

I'm trying to determine if there are any other Surefire models out there, similar in size to the Fury Defender or Fury EAG models, which also have a clickie tailcap?? I do not like the "twist on" tailcaps. I was really hoping the G2X models came with the clickie tailcap, but they don't appear to.
    I'm basically looking for something similar in size to either the Fury or G2, with clickie tailcap and max brightness and runtime.
    IDEALLY, I would want a Fury EAG with a slightly longer runtime if maybe 3hrs, with a few less lumens, but not sure if such a light with clickie tailcap exists???
    This would be an edc light, with possible weapon mount use. More edc tho.

Any suggestions, or must I settle for a Fury EAG with only 1.5hr runtime???
    "ROLL RIGHT SNIPER!"

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I don't know of an off-brand equivalent, certainly not one with a greater runtime...

You can get a SF clicky tailcap for it (Z59 = $42 from SF...), swap out the switch in the stock tailcap for one of these: http://www.lighthound.com/Oveready-M...ap_p_3408.html

I put a McClicky switch into a G2X Tac...which was a bit of a pain in the junk, because I almost ruined the polymer body of the tailcap; clamping it tight enough to be able to unscrew the existing switch, per the instructions, I almost deformed the thing.

Same switch would fit in a metal Fury tailcap.
    Contractor scum, PM Infantry Weapons

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    The 6PX Defender is 320 Lumens and has the switch you're looking for, 2 hour runtime.

The P2X Fury Defender is 500 lumens and has the switch you're looking for, 1.5 hour runtime.

http://www.surefire.com/illumination...p-reg-sup.html

http://www.surefire.com/illumination...p-174-sup.html

You can't really compare Surefire specs with those from other manufacturers. How lumens and runtime are rated will vary.
    Last edited by bp7178; 07-17-13 at 11:11.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post

You can get a SF clicky tailcap for it (Z59 = $42 from SF...), swap out the switch in the stock tailcap for one of these: http://www.lighthound.com/Oveready-M...ap_p_3408.html

Santoro,
    I'm not sure which model you are referring to here, when you say "it"??? Please enlighten me. Btw guys, I'm only looking for Surefire lights, no other brands. Thanks so much. Really hoping you light gurus will have an option or two for me!
    "ROLL RIGHT SNIPER!"

Feedback Score

Ooh, the 6PX defender is looking good. 320 lumens for 2hrs is nice. I'm still looking for other similar options, so keep em coming if you got em guys.

Something with say, 250-300 lumens, with about a 4hr runtime would be nice. OR, if the Fury Defender just had a second, lower setting of like, 100 lumens for 6 hours, in addition to its 500lumens/1.5 hr runtime, would be the tits! wishful thinking I guess.
    "ROLL RIGHT SNIPER!"

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Like most said, the SF Z59 tail cap or a other after market clicky tail cap like a McKlicky is an option to turn your SF lights into similar versions of the EAG light your looking at.
    Another option, not SF but USA made is the Malkoff Devices MD2, might be worth a look, comes with a clicky and a high/low version is available.
    http://www.malkoffdevices.com/shop/m...80e45bbfaf8853
    MOLON LABE

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Unless I'm misunderstanding something, the G2X Pro has a clicky tail cap. It says on the website and the one I got for Christmas definitely has a button.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorhunter View Post
    Santoro,
    I'm not sure which model you are referring to here, when you say "it"???
    I was referring specifically to a Fury you'd originally mentioned, but, from the SF site's description of which lights the Z59 tailcap...

Fits: Flashlights with a 1.0" tailcap
    Meaning, if you pick any 1" diameter light, and need to add clicky capability, the Z59 tailcap will do that, and fit either polymer or aluminium bodied lights.
    Contractor scum, PM Infantry Weapons

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Unless I'm misunderstanding something, the G2X Pro has a clicky tail cap. It says on the website and the one I got for Christmas definitely has a button.
    It clicks, but its a dual mode click. This is where the EAG style switch is unique. Its a single mode click.

IMO, the only dual mode Surefire switch worth a damn is the one on the LX2. Give it a light press for low, hard press for high. Its only fault is that its a twist constant on.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bp7178 View Post
    It clicks, but its a dual mode click. This is where the EAG style switch is unique. Its a single mode click.

IMO, the only dual mode Surefire switch worth a damn is the one on the LX2. Give it a light press for low, hard press for high. Its only fault is that its a twist constant on.
    Gotcha, thanks for the clarification.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast