Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fusion Tactical Range in Forney TX

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

Fusion Tactical Range in Forney TX

Greetings!

Fusion is proud to announce our new gun range and training facility in Forney TX. The range is now open and classes are rolling.

Just 23 minutes from Downtown Dallas, our Facility is on 250 acres to accommodate a variety of training and events.

- Rifle/pistol ranging from 15-300 yards.
    - Vehicle Training
    - K9
    - Long range sniper course (1000 yard under development)
    - Archery area.
    - Camping

Our range is still growing and we are very excited for future prospects for a shoot house and tubular assault area.

Our Instructors

All our instructors at Fusion Tactical are highly trained and have extensive backgrounds in military/SOF, law enforcement, security operations and competitive shooting.

If you would like to meet a few of our instructors we will be at the Big Town Gun Show this Saturday and Sunday. Come say hello.

www.fusiongunrange.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fusio...31991990228021

Feedback Score
    Looks like a nice option for people looking to draw from holsters and do more than shoot 1 round per second.

The website mentions all shooters are pre-screened to insure safety, etc. I'm just curious as to what the pre-screening requirements are.

EDIT: For example, is consideration given to CHL holders or a certain class of USPSA/IDPA shooter, etc?
    Last edited by rudy99; 07-22-13 at 09:39.
    I've got a bunch of survival guides on my Kindle, so I'm ready for an EMP.

Feedback Score
    +1 on the pre-screening question. This looks like a great option for those of us in the DFW area

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Our pre-screening is just a background check for felonies. We do make an exception for CHL holders, licensed security, IDPA etc.
    Not many ranges offer what we do. We want to make sure we're offering it to the right people.

For individual training we do an evaluation to gauge your strengths and weaknesses to tailor a class around your needs.
    Last edited by Norinco; 07-22-13 at 16:13.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    When will the 1000yd be ready?

Do you have steel?

Thanks,

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    We should have 1000 yards open in about two months.
    We're working on getting steel. If you have your own you can bring it out.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I had the pleasure of being invited out Saturday evening and meeting some of the Fusion staff. Friendly and professional guys. I look forward to attending classes once you guys get the emails out to us.

-tim

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Norinco View Post
    Our pre-screening is just a background check for felonies. We do make an exception for CHL holders, licensed security, IDPA etc.
    Not many ranges offer what we do. We want to make sure we're offering it to the right people.

For individual training we do an evaluation to gauge your strengths and weaknesses to tailor a class around your needs.
    While it was a rarity and all... I have come across a convicted felon that had an active CHL in the DFW area. We weren't able to do anything because of the CHL, doesn't change the fact he was still a convicted felon and active gang member.
    "My craving is, and always has been, to be involved in actions conducted to ensure America remains strong, safe, and free of those who have its destruction as their goal."
    - Billy Waugh

"When you enter a room full of armed men, shoot the first person who moves, hostile or otherwise. He has started to think and is therefore dangerous."
    - Robert "Paddy" Mayne

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tnt1106 View Post
    I had the pleasure of being invited out Saturday evening and meeting some of the Fusion staff. Friendly and professional guys. I look forward to attending classes once you guys get the emails out to us.

-tim
    We have a good group of guys. Never a dull moment. What email are you waiting on? Shoot me a pm and I'll see if I can speed things up for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
    While it was a rarity and all... I have come across a convicted felon that had an active CHL in the DFW area. We weren't able to do anything because of the CHL, doesn't change the fact he was still a convicted felon and active gang member.
    Certainly worth taking into consideration. It's a shame people like this slip through the cracks.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have seen it a few times, sometimes they were also documented gang members, which is another reason that makes it illegal for them to carry a weapon. Certainly not a large group of the population, but it makes you wonder about what has gotten through the background checks because they take CHL's for granted.
    Last edited by Vendetta; 07-24-13 at 08:10.
    "My craving is, and always has been, to be involved in actions conducted to ensure America remains strong, safe, and free of those who have its destruction as their goal."
    - Billy Waugh

"When you enter a room full of armed men, shoot the first person who moves, hostile or otherwise. He has started to think and is therefore dangerous."
    - Robert "Paddy" Mayne

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast