Thread: THORNTAIL KEYMOD LIGHT MOUNTS by Haley Strategic

Feedback Score

THORNTAIL KEYMOD LIGHT MOUNTS by Haley Strategic

[IMG][URL=http://s998.photobucket.com/user/mount-n-slot/media/05_zps11b6e7fe.jpg.html]

Impact Weapons Components is pleased to announce the new line of THORNTAIL KEYMOD Light Mounts made for Haley Strategic.

See Demo by Travis Haley of Haley Strategic Partners:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rguk8GJJsWM

Available NOW at IWC & HSP:

IWC - http://www.impactweaponscomponents.c.../keymod-rails/

HSP -
    http://www.haleystrategic.com/store/...ail_keymod.php

Thanks,

MOUNT-N-SLOT

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Re: THORNTAIL KEYMOD LIGHT MOUNTS by Haley Strategic

BCM Keymod rail? What is that?

Also, that's a very neat way to incorporate numerous mounting methods into a single product.
    Last edited by Koshinn; 07-19-13 at 05:55.
    "I never learned from a man who agreed with me." Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Koshinn View Post
    I was going to guess Geissele, but honestly no idea...
    Last edited by kdcgrohl; 07-19-13 at 11:54.
    "A 'sporting purpose' is what we use to describe actions taken with a football." -S.W.A.T. Magazine

"...if you are cruising the ghetto looking for crack and tranny hookers and you shoot their transgender pimp for staring at you the wrong way, then yeah, you might have a problem." -Iraqgunz

Feedback Score
    Should be just as solid as my current thorntail mount, looks awesome. He says BCM rail in the video and it looked great. I might have to get into key mod now that BCM is onboard..

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    I rebuilt an upper recently and used a Noveske NSR 11, so I checked with Earl @ IWC to see if they had any Keymod goodies in the pipeline. Of course they did, and I had the chance to eval several of the new Keymod pieces, one of which was the Thorntail universal light mount.

During this time I also grabbed a Noveske Scout mount to compare. The Noveske offered one additional mounting option that the IWC did not(pic of Thorntail not fitting one rail position). After giving some feed back to IWC, they have obviously fixed the only problem I could find with an otherwise perfect mount. As you can see from the pic in the OP, the hand held is mounted in the previously unavailable position. I ultimately sold the Noveske Scout mount because I prefer the tailcap location the Thorntail offers.

I've also used an X300 on the Thorntail and it works great as well. The switch ends up in the same position as a Scout light. The mount in symmetrical, so it works equally well on the right side of the weapon.

Damn nice mount guys!

"A 'sporting purpose' is what we use to describe actions taken with a football." -S.W.A.T. Magazine

"...if you are cruising the ghetto looking for crack and tranny hookers and you shoot their transgender pimp for staring at you the wrong way, then yeah, you might have a problem." -Iraqgunz

Feedback Score

THORNTAIL KEYMOD LIGHT MOUNTS by Haley Strategic

Quote Originally Posted by Koshinn View Post

Also, that's a very neat way to incorporate numerous mounting methods into a single product.

Quote Originally Posted by kdcgrohl View Post
    I was going to guess Geissele, but honestly no idea...
    The rails pictured are Primary Weapons Systems keymod rail. they have one for their piston uppers and a rail for DI uppers as well
    Last edited by leadsender; 07-20-13 at 00:36.

Feedback Score
    As far as the BCM Keymod rail, this is taken from Facebook.

Logan W.
    What's this BCM keymod handguard you speak of in your new video?

Haley Strategic Partners A product we're testing. If you take a class with us in the next month, you might see it first hand

Logan W. Nice!

Glad i waited to buy a new rail- excited to see what a BCM keymod offers over a Novekse NSR
    Quote Originally Posted by skd_tactical View Post
    It's a shot in the dark ... I have a better chance of guessing when my wife will be mad for no reason.
    "If your not using an aimpoint, you need to take a ****ing piss test." -LAV

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoNeanderthal View Post
    As far as the BCM Keymod rail, this is taken from Facebook.

Logan W.
    What's this BCM keymod handguard you speak of in your new video?

Haley Strategic Partners A product we're testing. If you take a class with us in the next month, you might see it first hand

Logan W. Nice!

Glad i waited to buy a new rail- excited to see what a BCM keymod offers over a Novekse NSR
    If I'm not mistaken, in the video the BCM rail looked like it had Keymod slots on all the sides except the top like the KAC URX 4. Still had a low profile too.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PAWs 21 View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, in the video the BCM rail looked like it had Keymod slots on all the sides except the top like the KAC URX 4. Still had a low profile too.
    Better pics of the BCM rail on LF. Pat's thread on #125.