Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best single action sixgun Peacemaker clone?

Feedback Score

Best single action sixgun Peacemaker clone?

Got me a hankerin' to buy a gen-u-ine cowboy type Peacemaker clone to go with my cowboy hat an' muh pickem-up truck.

Any you cowpokes wanna suggest me a good one?

Much obliged.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I hate to say it but the ruger is as close to" unbreakable" as they get ..just not as authentic as some like....USFA has great CS and there is always Colt.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by colt191145lover View Post
    I hate to say it but the ruger is as close to" unbreakable" as they get ..just not as authentic as some like.....
    I have heard this as well. I'm looking for an authentic look and feel, but not something SASS approved. I'm thinking of .357 magnum for mine.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    At my last job we dealt a lot with the replicas and Ive seen some very poor QC and broke many of them myself, mainly trigger/bolt springs but also one bolt . I Haven't broke a Ruger Vaquero yet and the colts have been better also YMMV.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    My biggest problem is with the .357s are they weight more than other calibers due to more metal in the cylinders (smaller holes). If your not carrying the gun Its a non issue.

All boils down to personal pref fence on that.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Turnbull

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Berryhill View Post
    Turnbull
    I seem to remember seeing ads in CDNN's catalog for these. The ones offered were engraved, so I don't know if the $1,200-2,100 price tags are typical.

What makes these special?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Turnbull Stuff is a true work of art!!!!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Doug Turnbull started out by restoring old (worn, broken, rusted, etc.) firearms. Here is an example:
    http://www.turnbullmfg.com/store.asp?pid=34904

His company took this:

And turned it into this:

He's a member of the American Custom Gunmaker's Guild and also does the carbonia bluing and color case hardening for several other manufacturers. He's pretty good

Edited to add: After looking at his website, it looks like he no longer manufactures the Open Range Revolver model (SAA clone) due to "lack of availability." I guess he couldn't get some of the parts needed.

If you can't find one of these for sale, your next best option would be to find a good used Colt or USFA

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Berryhill View Post
    ... your next best option would be to find a good used Colt or USFA
    I went to Colt's website and they list the Single Action Army as if they still make it. Is that not the case?

All that came up on GunJoker was "collectible" SAA's.

The thing I don't like about the Ruger Vaquero is that it doesn't load like the Colt. I'm used to the loading notch on the hammer rather than just opening the loading gate to load the gun. THAT much authenticity I'd rather have.

I'll have to look into USFA.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast