Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best single action sixgun Peacemaker clone?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    I myself am very partial to the only revolver I own, which is a Freedom Arms, albeit in a larger than SAA frame with a 5 shot cylinder. Actually I have two cylinders, one in .454 Casull and the other in .45ACP. At any rate Freedom Arms makes excellent revolvers, and the guns are very very very tightly fitted and precise. They offer both fixed or adjustable sights. Mine is a Model 83, which is their large frame revolver, and they also offer the Model 97 which is a medium frame that is roughly the size of a SAA maybe just a hair smaller. The Model 97 can be had in .357 Magnum with a 6 shot cylinder; however larger calibers like .41 Magnum, .44 Special, and .45 Colt all use a 5 shot cylinder.

All of their guns come with test targets, and if mine is any indication they will live up to their test target if you can do your part. I use mine a lot and it is becoming my favorite handgun because it is so easy to hit with and it is very versatile. I recently mounted a Trijicon RMR on top of it on a custom Freedom Arms mount, and I've been playing with that combo for awhile. It's nice to have the option to add optics easily if you desire and Freedom Arms offers this.

Field Grade in .454 Casull

.454 Casull (left) compared to .44 Magnum.

Feedback Score
    Nice revolver Peruna, mine is a Premier Grade with a 6" bbl.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I was interested in getting a SAA clone for a range toy and nostalgia gun. I went with a plain Jane Uberti cattleman and have been happy with it so far. I've got around 150 rounds through it, I really enjoy shooting it, and it's a very accurate gun. Given that it doesn't have a ton of rounds through it, am I missing something about not buying cheaper SAA clones? Problems down the road? I had no experience with western guns, so I bought it based on it being made using the original Colt plans and they were carried in local stores, so that I could see them firsthand.
    Do not go gentle into that good night...rage, rage against the dying of the light - Dylan Thomas

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123