Page 1 of 349 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: New BCM rail

Feedback Score

New BCM rail

Saw this on BCM's other forum. Looks sweet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rguk8GJJsWM

Feedback Score
    Posted this in another thread as some people were questioning if its even in the works. Taken from haley strategic fb page

Logan W.
    What's this BCM keymod handguard you speak of in your new video?

Haley Strategic Partners A product we're testing. If you take a class with us in the next month, you might see it first hand.

Logan W. Nice!
    Quote Originally Posted by skd_tactical View Post
    It's a shot in the dark ... I have a better chance of guessing when my wife will be mad for no reason.
    "If your not using an aimpoint, you need to take a ****ing piss test." -LAV

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Ya, they have been working on this for awhile. I think that we will see them for sale this year, but that is the best I can tell you.

C4

Feedback Score
    This looks like what the NSR could've been if Noveske wouldn't have had to retool to get KEYMOD on the 45s. I wonder how it will mount.

Feedback Score
    I, too, am interested in finding out how it mounts. This might be the perfect addition to my BCM upper

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    How do you say PWS and BCM make the Keymod rails, and some other people do as well, and fail to mention NOVESKE who were the first to use it on an AR platform? I shut it off after that.

The BCM rail looks good, but there aren't many ways to configure a Keymod so I think we will see a lot which look similar. The largest differences are going to be how wide a company goes and its attachment method.
    Last edited by Stickman; 07-20-13 at 16:24.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Yep. Not knocking BCM. Would never but Noveske was the first. I have an NSR on my primary rifle and am completely satisfied. KAC's offering does have 45 degree mounting positions which may make it more interesting.

Kincel going from Vltor to BCM does make Bravo's future with the key mod interesting. Not sure of how much Eric had on the keymod development but his recent employment to Bravo is a great plus to BCM nonetheless.

-Jax

"Despite what your mamma told you, violence does solve problems."
    -Ryan Job

Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    "Elite" designations come from the things that you DO in life, and not from the things that you buy along the way. AC

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jaxman7 View Post
    Yep. Not knocking BCM. Would never but Noveske was the first. I have an NSR on my primary rifle and am completely satisfied. KAC's offering does have 45 degree mounting positions which may make it more interesting.

Kincel going from Vltor to BCM does make Bravo's future with the key mod interesting. Not sure of how much Eric had on the keymod development but his recent employment to Bravo is a great plus to BCM nonetheless.

-Jax

Agreed, it certainly isn't a knock against BCM, or even Travis, but it seems odd to talk about Keymod and not mention Noveske.

I think Eric had a lot to do with it, he is highly creative. He is certainly a large asset for BCM.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Interested in seeing some pics when you get the chance Stick.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    Travis has since said he was running on low/no sleep and to cut him some slack with the video. he didn't specifically mention noveske but I'm sure thats what he was referring to.

Obviously the rail is going to be skinny, and have keymods 360 around (well except the top rail of course). The question is, how skinny? How much will it weigh? and what sort of barrel nut/attachment will they use?

Oh don't forget cost. If they can sell this rail for under $200 they will clean house. They made a comp that rivals the battlecomp for 40% less $.
    Quote Originally Posted by skd_tactical View Post
    It's a shot in the dark ... I have a better chance of guessing when my wife will be mad for no reason.
    "If your not using an aimpoint, you need to take a ****ing piss test." -LAV

Page 1 of 349 1231151101 ... LastLast