Page 1 of 98 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: New BCM rail

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

New BCM rail

Saw this on BCM's other forum. Looks sweet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rguk8GJJsWM

Feedback Score
    Posted this in another thread as some people were questioning if its even in the works. Taken from haley strategic fb page

Logan W.
    What's this BCM keymod handguard you speak of in your new video?

Haley Strategic Partners A product we're testing. If you take a class with us in the next month, you might see it first hand.

Logan W. Nice!
    Quote Originally Posted by skd_tactical View Post
    It's a shot in the dark ... I have a better chance of guessing when my wife will be mad for no reason.
    "If your not using an aimpoint, you need to take a ****ing piss test." -LAV

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Ya, they have been working on this for awhile. I think that we will see them for sale this year, but that is the best I can tell you.

C4

Feedback Score
    This looks like what the NSR could've been if Noveske wouldn't have had to retool to get KEYMOD on the 45s. I wonder how it will mount.

Feedback Score
    I, too, am interested in finding out how it mounts. This might be the perfect addition to my BCM upper

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    How do you say PWS and BCM make the Keymod rails, and some other people do as well, and fail to mention NOVESKE who were the first to use it on an AR platform? I shut it off after that.

The BCM rail looks good, but there aren't many ways to configure a Keymod so I think we will see a lot which look similar. The largest differences are going to be how wide a company goes and its attachment method.
    Last edited by Stickman; 07-20-13 at 16:24.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

New BCM rail

I don't think NeoNean was being sarcastic. He brings up valid points.

I don't know that the rail is revolutionary though. VLTOR coming up with the concept (to my knowledge), VLTOR having the good foresight to share the specs with the industry, and Noveske coming out with an amazing initial offering - those things were revolutionary for the KeyMod and will be the pivotal moments if KeyMod continues to become the "next big thing".

But if BCM can offer their own version of a KeyMod rail that is lighter due to different materials while being just as durable (or more so), and possibly offer it at a lower price.... well, then Paul and Company just raised the bar further.

Taking a concept and making it better and / or cheaper without sacrificing durability, quality, or being domestically made is what pushes the market forward. There are some great rails on the market under $200, and its being mentioned by an SME that KeyMod is cheaper to produce. Therefore, a low price point seems entirely possible. I think it will be largely dependent on this new lighter weight metal belt used and how much the raw material costs in comparison to Aluminum.
    Last edited by Steve S.; 07-24-13 at 01:46.

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)

New BCM rail

Everything I've bought from BCM has been flawless. Almost like Apple products, you don't know you want it or need it until its out. Having said that, I will happily ditch my Troy tubes (which I love) for these seconds after I can get my grubby booger hooks on them and not look back. Thank you Paul for the work you do.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Re: New BCM rail

Has the length(s) of these rails been disclosed yet?

Sent via Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ryno12; 07-25-13 at 06:12.
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I am pumped for this rail. Hopefully it's easier to get than other bcm products.
    "You get what you pay for"

Page 1 of 98 1231151 ... LastLast