Page 2 of 349 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: New BCM rail

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    It sure is nice to see more Keymod support!
    The BCM rail looked like a Knight's URX 4 to me at first, before he repeated it was a BCM. Keymod slots at the top 45* marks will be a welcome addition over the NSR, primarily for light placement.

Vltor (Led by Eric Kincel) was the sole developer of the KeyMod system and the associated standardized modular technology. Afterwards Eric Kincel (and Vltor) released that technology to every manufacturer in the industry for FREE. The idea was to help the industry move forward with a standard modular system. It is advancement for the warfighter. Vltor did manufacturer the very first KeyMod rail systems for a special .mil project. It was very well received. It was purchased in small quantities and still currently being tested. To my knowledge Vltor has not made that rail as a part their standard commercial offering.

John Noveske (being the smartest of the bunch) was the first commercial manufacturer to offer a KeyMod rail to the public. Many companies have joined with many more companies in development on a version.

The BCM KeyMod Rail (developed by Eric Kincel, now of BCM) is still in final phases of T&E development with a number of BCMGUNFIGHTER instructors. As such the specs and design have not been finalized. But I can say this; the BCMGUFNIGHTER KeyMod Rail will redefine tactical handguards the same way the BCMGUNFIGHTER Charging handle has redefined that market. -- pretty good tease?.... stay tuned
    Last edited by BravoCompanyUSA; 07-20-13 at 20:05.

For the Worlds Best Gunfighter Training
    Please visit http://www.bravocompanymfg.com/gunfighters

www.BravoCompanyUSA.com

www.BravoCompanyMFG.com

1 - 877 - BRAVO CO

Semper Fi !

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoNeanderthal View Post
    Travis has since said he was running on low/no sleep and to cut him some slack with the video. he didn't specifically mention noveske but I'm sure thats what he was referring to.

Obviously the rail is going to be skinny, and have keymods 360 around (well except the top rail of course). The question is, how skinny? How much will it weigh? and what sort of barrel nut/attachment will they use?

Oh don't forget cost. If they can sell this rail for under $200 they will clean house. They made a comp that rivals the battlecomp for 40% less $.
    Yeah. If they can beat Noveske's pricing they will sell, sell , sell.

I really like the BCM comp.
    Last edited by m6z; 07-20-13 at 20:28.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BravoCompanyUSA View Post
    But I can say this; the BCMGUFNIGHTER KeyMod Rail will redefine tactical handguards the same way the BCMGUNFIGHTER Charging handle has redefined that market. -- pretty good tease?.... stay tuned
    Wow, quite a statement. I'm really looking forward to seeing more. I'd guess that has to have something to do with the attachment method/anti-rotation.

Technical question on KeyMod for anyone who knows (and hopefully OP doesn't mind the hijack): why doesn't the skinny end of the key open back up slightly to provide a more secure slot for the attachment screws to secure to? That would prevent the attachments from sliding. Wouldn't that protect against counter-recoil and be a better method than relying on a little hook that goes in the next opening over?
    Last edited by ejskle; 07-20-13 at 20:33.

Feedback Score
    Should have the thorntail keymod in my hands shortly. Worried it may be too universal but we'll see.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Re: New BCM rail

Quote Originally Posted by ejskle View Post
    Wow, quite a statement. I'm really looking forward to seeing more. I'd guess that has to have something to do with the attachment method/anti-rotation.

Technical question on KeyMod for anyone who knows (and hopefully OP doesn't mind the hijack): why doesn't the skinny end of the key open back up slightly to provide a more secure slot for the attachment screws to secure to? That would prevent the attachments from sliding. Wouldn't that protect against counter-recoil and be a better method than relying on a little hook that goes in the next opening over?
    The attachments don't slide in keymod and it doesn't need anti recoil protection any more than it already has.

Look at pictures of the under side of attachments to understand.

I wonder why they don't put keymod on the top (with some picatinny at the top front for buis)?
    Last edited by Koshinn; 07-20-13 at 23:54.
    "I never learned from a man who agreed with me." Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    I want to put a vote in for a 13.5" model. 12" and 13" are too small. 15" is too big. 13.5 is juuuust right. Plus then I can do a FSB cut-out and still have room for a x300/tlr1 in front of the front sight @12oclock.
    Quote Originally Posted by skd_tactical View Post
    It's a shot in the dark ... I have a better chance of guessing when my wife will be mad for no reason.
    "If your not using an aimpoint, you need to take a ****ing piss test." -LAV

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoNeanderthal View Post

Oh don't forget cost. If they can sell this rail for under $200 they will clean house.

I agree, we should totally throw out any quality so we can keep the rail as cheap as possible. Heaven forbid the rail be over $200 so the bottom feeders can pretend they will buy it.

BCM is known for making cheap worthless crap, so you should have no concerns at all when it comes to pricing. I'm guessing it should be under $99.

If people don't understand the above as a sarcastic rant, at this point I really don't care. I'm tired of people cheerleading for the cheapest prices while demanding top of the line products.

Paul, sorry for ranting in your thread brother, but this stuff reminds me over and over of the people who buy buy airsoft parts and complain they don't fit their Olympic Arms carbines. You gear is squared away, and I know you will price is where it needs to be. God bless you for having more patience than me tonight. Every time a new product is talked about it is the price or delivery date that people start bitching about.

NN- It isn't your post in particular, but your comment is where these threads start to go downhill.
    Last edited by Stickman; 07-21-13 at 00:54.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nml View Post
    Should have the thorntail keymod in my hands shortly. Worried it may be too universal but we'll see.
    It's not. I gave 6 samples away to various level people for T&E as well as HSP. Including some to Matt and his product eval guys. See review: http://jerkingthetrigger.com/2013/07...egic-partners/

Nothing but positive comments. You'll like it or I'll send you a refund.

Mount-N-Slot

Feedback Score

The shape of the key with the round hole in the rear is for the recoil locking lug. The mount interfaces in this hole with .010" clearance and the screws keep it tight against the rail. It's a well thought out design. We made a slight change to our mounts to allow them to fit fwd / rwd (Our Weapon Control for ex.) compared to Eric's initial design.

MOUNT-N-SLOT

Page 2 of 349 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast