Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: A day in the life of a BM LE Dealer

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AMMOTECH View Post
    Good Job!
    I'm glad to see that you took the suggestions of AR users and fixed BM's mistakes.
    If only BM would take those few extra steps and put out a properly assembled M4.

I now know where my next major gun/accessories purchase will come from.

It may look like I put a lot of time into this, but it realy only took me 10 minutes to do.

You are right though, there is no reason why BM cannot do this stuff in house as it is all very simple.

C4

Feedback Score
    Is there a fixture out there (other than the Mk I, Mod 0 eyeball) that can also tell you if the FSB is mounted squarely? I've seen quite a few BMs that wouldn't zero without using up most of the windage adjustments due to FSBs that were mounted off-square.

That should be another issue addressed in your inspection/upgrade process.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    Is there a fixture out there (other than the Mk I, Mod 0 eyeball) that can also tell you if the FSB is mounted squarely? I've seen quite a few BMs that wouldn't zero without using up most of the windage adjustments due to FSBs that were mounted off-square.

That should be another issue addressed in your inspection/upgrade process.

I am aware of this issue, but know of no tool to measure cant. I do my best to eyeball them and am usually good at spotting issues.

C4

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    That little carbine is ready to roll now!

Nice work C4.

Feedback Score
    My last two BM M4's needed the taller sight post. After calling BM to complain and order the sight post they sent it twice in two years with no charge. They seem willing to adress any issues their customers have. They offered to hand stake my BCG but instead of the shipping expense and downtime I did it myself. I'm certainly not going to make excuses for them but their rifles seem GTG after a few simple mods. I also strongly feel they should not need any mods for the price they are sold for. I haven't stake the castle nut yet as I plan to eventually add a different stock and mil spec tube, in the interim I check for any looseness everytime I use it. Instead of upgrading the bolt I plan to shoot it till failure then replace it with an upgraded MPI bolt. My wife now claims the BM M4 and had me put it back to it's original config. She likes the KISS principle of iron sights and standard M4 handgards. I transfered the KAC RAS, Aimpoint ML2/ARMS, Troy BUIS, GGG vert. grip to my new LMT with SOPMOD stock and am happy I also feel lucky to have two smooth running M4s for her and myself Next big decision will be ACR or SCAR

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Looks like a pretty typical Bushmaster on arrival. The standard continues to be mediocrity.

A gun with that PM should be quite serviceable when live fire testing verifies function.

Grant- Did those come with a "CM" bolt?
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skintop911 View Post
    Looks like a pretty typical Bushmaster on arrival. The standard continues to be mediocrity.

A gun with that PM should be quite serviceable when live fire testing verifies function.

Grant- Did those come with a "CM" bolt?
    Negative on the CM bolt.

C4

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by M4arc View Post
    That little carbine is ready to roll now!

Nice work C4.
    Thanks. It is a nice and light weight carbine. A good entry level AR I think.

C4

Feedback Score
    Grant,
    I don't know what kind of machines you've got (if any), but I assume if you are pinning FSB's (as I've seen in the past), you've possibly got a mill?
    If so, a number of jigs can be made to align and check the alignment of FSB's.
    I know that Kotonics advertises that they "laser align" their FSB's before and during installation.
    Might be something to look into.
    Like you, I'm good at eyeballing them, and I can catch a FSB that's off by only a couple degrees with my naked eye.
    Just a thought. I'm a total freak when it comes to the FSB being straight, after having a couple 6920's with crooked FSB's. (granted, I don't think Colt pinned them crooked, but rather, the torquing of the bbl nut caused the indexing pin to allow the bbl to rotate in the upper).
    Anyhow, it's always nice to have a perfectly aligned FSB.
    I know AR15Barrels.com (Randall I think is his name?) has a simple jig that he milled to check and re-align FSB's for customers.

Got your email. Contact info sent. Call ANYTIME tonight or tomorrow.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Cataldo View Post
    Grant,
    I don't know what kind of machines you've got (if any), but I assume if you are pinning FSB's (as I've seen in the past), you've possibly got a mill?
    If so, a number of jigs can be made to align and check the alignment of FSB's.
    I know that Kotonics advertises that they "laser align" their FSB's before and during installation.
    Might be something to look into.
    Like you, I'm good at eyeballing them, and I can catch a FSB that's off by only a couple degrees with my naked eye.
    Just a thought. I'm a total freak when it comes to the FSB being straight, after having a couple 6920's with crooked FSB's. (granted, I don't think Colt pinned them crooked, but rather, the torquing of the bbl nut caused the indexing pin to allow the bbl to rotate in the upper).
    Anyhow, it's always nice to have a perfectly aligned FSB.
    I know AR15Barrels.com (Randall I think is his name?) has a simple jig that he milled to check and re-align FSB's for customers.

Got your email. Contact info sent. Call ANYTIME tonight or tomorrow.

We do not pin/install FSB's and yes you are correct, there are custom made jigs for that.

C4

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast