Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829

Thread: A day in the life of a BM LE Dealer

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pursuit0226 View Post
    Ok, about 2 years ago, before I got on this site, I bought my first AR. A BM Patrolman Carbine. Since I have had it, I have put about 1K rounds through it without issue other then it I have started reading posts here and wanted to make some changes to ensure future reliability. To that end, I purchased a Spikes F/A BCG and ST-T2 buffer. I was really hoping this would soften up the recoil a little and I could save the BM BCG as a spare after upgrading the extracter and staking the gas key. Anyway, got out to shoot it today and there is really no change. No malfunctions of any kind but it still flings brass hard to my 5 o'clock and the brass deflector is covered in brass from just a few rounds. My new Spikes middy on the other hand shoots soft, has almost no brass on the brass deflector and deposits brass in a neat pile at my 3 o'clock. Any thoughts on what else to do with my BM?

Mid length vs carbine length gas system. Mid lengths have a softer recoil impulse.
    I have no ambition in this world but one, and that is to be a fireman. The position may, in the eyes of some, appear to be a lowly one; but we who know the work which the fireman has to do believe that his is a noble calling. Our proudest moment is to save lives. ~Edward F. Croker

Feedback Score
    Iraqgunz, thanks for the prompt reply. That works for me as I am not real crazy about just dumping money. Also, thanks for the response on the recoil of the mid length vs the carbine. I will run it until it breaks and then buy something better. Have a great weekend.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    I often times do, but generally BM owners tend to believe that their weapons are perfect and need no "upgrades."

C4
    HAHA i WAS that guy until this forum thanks to all you guys!
    Deuteronomy 32-41: If I shall whet my sword as the lightning, and my hand take hold on judgment: I will render vengeance to my enemies, and repay them that hate me.

Feedback Score

Sub-Chapter: A Day in the life of a Bushmaster Owner, LOL

Took my BM out to the range today. Completed to the best of my ability the remedial steps outlined by the OP.
    Got the BCM SOPMOD Bolt Upgrade/Rebuild Kit. Basically what Grant recommended plus a new extractor & Gas Rings. New H-Buffer was also installed. Service from BCM was extraordinarily good for me. I'm much more confident that my rifle will serve me well now. 6 - 30rd. mags were fired without a hiccup. I keep seeing reference to "Recoil Impulse." That is where the improvement really shined. No more of the shake, rattle and roll I was getting from the carbine buffer. My empties are no longer being ejected into the next zip-code. Instead they're landing 5' to 6' feet to my 4 o'clock. This fact alone makes me very happy I took the time and effort to do this.
    Also, could someone tell me if the feedramps on my Bushmaster are proper M4 from this picture?
    Thanks!

Dang, please disregard my previous entry question.
    I read this thread ...
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=193
    And answered my own question. Dang failure to use search button (FTUSB) issue again for me.

Quote Originally Posted by 120mm View Post
    Exactly!!!

Just shoot the crap out of it, and be sure to report back here round counts and any issues you may have.
    Last edited by Smedley; 02-28-11 at 18:22. Reason: (FTUSB)

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829