Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Talk me out of an Hk762!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Talk me out of an Hk762!

Saw one and now I'm kind of drooling over it. I have a couple Noveske 300BLK Factory SBRs and really like the 30cal in a small package but this new Hk has me wanting it mostly because it is Hk. Though all those .308 Pmags I bought will not work for it so it would cost me like $90 a mag x 7 for Hk mags plus the $3500 for the rifle.

For those of you that have shot or owned one ... Is it worth it? I'm really on the fence and damn that is a lot of dough.
    Originally Posted by Iraqgunz
    This is 2012. The world is going to end this December and people are still trying to debate the merits of piece of shit, cost cutting crap AR's. Really?

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    $3500 will buy you a used Waverunner or a used sportbike.

Both would get more use, from me, than a 762 battle rifle. Have you seen ammo prices/availability lately? Yowzah!
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Get it, you know you want it! Besides, HK 762s' are pharmaceutical grade "Drool-begone."
    Sell the Pmags on EE

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Just remember product support:

"You suck, and we hate you."
    The HK Customer Support Grup.

If you have the money, do what makes you happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Vickers View Post
    It is a cheap Airsoft quality Eotech half ass knockoff- I just had a student with one in a basic class about a month ago and it laid down faster than a cheap hooker

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    $3500 will buy you a used Waverunner or a used sportbike.

Both would get more use, from me, than a 762 battle rifle. Have you seen ammo prices/availability lately? Yowzah!
    Pretty much this...

I'll add that anyone buying an AR-10 in 308 or larger semi-auto as a DMR style rifle... NEEDS TRAINING AND PRACTICE. If for nothing else than working on follow-through alone. It's not even in the same ballpark as a bolt gun or a smaller SPR type rifle. I'd venture to say 90% of people with scoped AR-10s are terrible with them.

So, it were me, I'd BORROW one, take an SPR or precision class with it and then consider buying one after that. No ****ing way I'd jump into one after talking with instructors and watching excellent shooters just fall apart with them compared to other guns. Wouldn't have believed it made that much of a difference if I didn't see it myself.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Only if you post it in the correct area.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Re: Talk me out of an Hk762!

Quote Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
    Pretty much this...

I'll add that anyone buying an AR-10 in 308 or larger semi-auto as a DMR style rifle... NEEDS TRAINING AND PRACTICE. If for nothing else than working on follow-through alone. It's not even in the same ballpark as a bolt gun or a smaller SPR type rifle. I'd venture to say 90% of people with scoped AR-10s are terrible with them.

So, it were me, I'd BORROW one, take an SPR or precision class with it and then consider buying one after that. No ****ing way I'd jump into one after talking with instructors and watching excellent shooters just fall apart with them compared to other guns. Wouldn't have believed it made that much of a difference if I didn't see it myself.
    90% of gun owners suck with their gun regardless of what it is.
    "I never learned from a man who agreed with me." Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Koshinn View Post
    90% of gun owners suck with their gun regardless of what it is.
    Fair point. I'll go instead that the ratio of self-confidence in ability to actual performance with AR-10 style guns is way lower than the shooter/owner would suspect.

(I haven't gotten much time on other guns like the M1A/M14, SCAR, other non-AR pattern DMRs, but I think the reciprocal weight on the AR-10 makes it tougher than others.)

On of the military instructors I was talking to was lamenting on how many M-110 guys hate their rifles... Until they are really taught to focus on that platform as it's own entity and to focus on fundamentals instead of treating it like a bolt gun.

Without that level of training and practice on the AR-10 platform, I'd COMPLETELY skip it and recommend others skip it. It's just not as easy to get competent with as a bolt gun or a smaller precision AR, considering the cost of ammo, formal training would be cheap - but try explaining that to every jackass that thinks the price tag equals the performance.

So, OP, yea, I'd still recommend you borrow a heavy gun and take a class with it before investing. Then again, it's usually hard to lose a lot of money on an HK.

Feedback Score
    Despite the naysayers, I'd recommend getting one if you are in the market for one.

It's not really a battle rifle in the sense of an SR25 EMC as the MR762 has a heavy profile non chromed barrel.

It also shares the same "sporting" characteristics that enable it to be sold to civilians as the MR556 which include the heavy barrel, tool to take down pushpins, safety enabled to be engaged with the hammer cocked, and the ubiquitous safety warning on the magwell.

I don't really subscribe to the belief that you should become proficient or take a class or whatever else before you buy one. If you want one, can afford it and the ammo to shoot it, go get it.

I had never shot a 308 before I bought an HK91. I didn't take a class before I bought a PSG-1 either. I know my limitations as a shooter and as long as you're comfortable with your limitations, get whatever you want.

I like shooting my MR762 at targets and paper between 100-200 yards. supported and unsupported, and it's fun and comfortable to shoot.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    don't know how much you shoot but a non chromed lined barrel's life is significantly shorter. And God only knows how expensive replacement barrels are for that thing. and that to the boutique magazines that cost a small fortune when you can find them. I would say you are better off with a sr25 or a scar.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast