Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Talk me out of an Hk762!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If you can swing the price, go for it. Who is charging $90 for one of their mags?! That shit is highway robbery.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelVain View Post

I like shooting my MR762 at targets and paper between 100-200 yards. supported and unsupported, and it's fun and comfortable to shoot.
    Certainly entitled to your opinion. To me it sounds like with the "cool" factor of 308 aside, a 556 gun would be a far better choice for you. Maybe I'm wrong and you're dealing with 12mph winds at 200 yards. But you do realize that you're only utilizing 10-20% of that rifle, right? By doing that you're probably not enhancing your own performance because you aren't pushing yourself or your gear (just a guess). At the same time advocating to just go for it, training-shmaining, ain't nothing no one can teach me!

On one hand I agree with you, it's only money, and it's a cool gun no doubt. On the other hand, man wasting time on something that doesn't work for you or make you better kinda sucks. Notice the wording, spending/wasting money is not the same thing as wasting time, one is way worse.

I wonder the percentage of firearm's owners that seek formal training vs just putting lead into the berm and wondering why they aren't getting any better? 1%? 2%?

Feedback Score

Talk me out of an Hk762!

I bet you'd have north of $20k invested in ammo to shoot out one of these barrels.

And if you want it and can afford it, why not? The price won't come down soon, if ever. And you'd likely be able to sell it for as much as you bought it for if you get it for a reasonable price.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Re: Talk me out of an Hk762!

Haven't shot but have handled 2 of them and gave a full look over.

Didn't think it would be as light as it was with the barrel profile and piston.

The ambi selector is too long on the right side and hit my hand with a proper high tang grip.

sent from mah gun,using my sights

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    If you want it, can afford it, and understand what you are investing in, go for it. While it would not by my personal choice (see sig line for indication of shill), I really like modern 7.62 auto guns.
    Agreed that it takes some dedicated practice to wring the most out of them, but once you do... ain't nothing else in the world that currently matches their sheer awesomeness.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
    Certainly entitled to your opinion. To me it sounds like with the "cool" factor of 308 aside, a 556 gun would be a far better choice for you. Maybe I'm wrong and you're dealing with 12mph winds at 200 yards. But you do realize that you're only utilizing 10-20% of that rifle, right? By doing that you're probably not enhancing your own performance because you aren't pushing yourself or your gear (just a guess). At the same time advocating to just go for it, training-shmaining, ain't nothing no one can teach me!

On one hand I agree with you, it's only money, and it's a cool gun no doubt. On the other hand, man wasting time on something that doesn't work for you or make you better kinda sucks. Notice the wording, spending/wasting money is not the same thing as wasting time, one is way worse.

I wonder the percentage of firearm's owners that seek formal training vs just putting lead into the berm and wondering why they aren't getting any better? 1%? 2%?
    I think you extrapolating things from my post that are not accurate.

I do not say that training/classes are a negative. I said that I don't think you should need to take a class before purchasing an MR762. How many AR owners take a class before they buy their first AR? I had never shot a .308 before I bought my first battle rifle. In fact, I had never even shot a .223 or AR15 before I bought my first HK91.

I think classes and civilian training programs are a great idea. I've taken classes before including 2 MP5 classes.

Am I getting the most out of my MR762? Of course not. I'm not getting the most out of my Mark23 w/KAC suppressor either, but it's fun, and there's alot of cool factor as you rightly point out.

Yes, the MR762 is a more expensive gun, but it's in the same price range as an SR25 EMC/ECC.

As far as pushing myself or my gear, the reason we buy quality guns like HK and KAC is because we know we don't need to push them to validate their robustness and durability.

Regarding pushing an individual's skill level, I agree, what I am doing with my MR762 is not going to impress serious shooters, but for my purposes (recreational shooting on my property), it's great.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Here is some help

Check out this thread.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=132875

I just suffered making the decision and the LMT is now in my safe. Lots of good info in this thread.

Feedback Score
    Get one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pluT2RqewY0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kyy87fSuyyQ

Granted, this is an HK417, but mostly the same rifle.
    It's not about surviving, it's about winning!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Wow good info in this thread

So many opinions that are very valid.

I'm seriously on the fence and I wanted the Scar17 but then saw this Hk and the decision is not so easy. Maybe I check out LMT before making any hasty decisions.

Edit: anyone have the verdict on the Colt LE version 762? Did that thing finally grow wings and on par with KAC and Hk?
    Last edited by Javelin; 07-24-13 at 11:00.
    Originally Posted by Iraqgunz
    This is 2012. The world is going to end this December and people are still trying to debate the merits of piece of shit, cost cutting crap AR's. Really?

Feedback Score
    Buy Gold instead then sell the gold when it's back up to 1600 per ounce make 400$ then buy the HK.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast