Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Opinions on a "Bug Out!" bag

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skintop911 View Post
    What'd you have done?
    I will take some pics of it tomorrow in the light.

Totally modular via velcro on the inside, contrasting liner in khaki so it's easy to find things, two large outer pockets on the front, zippered back compartment big enough for a Macbook Pro so I don't have to expose my blaster to dig out my computer at Starbucks etc.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I look forward to the pics...Thanks M4Guru!

And thanks to all of you that have contributed.
    E=mc^2+/-3db

Feedback Score
    These work well and are reasonably priced: http://www.countycomm.com/minebag.htm

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    These work well and are reasonably priced: http://www.countycomm.com/minebag.htm

Great Idea but....
    WAS 27.00 SALE $16.99
    COYOTE BROWN Sold Out/Expected Back Late April 08
    BLACK Sold Out/Expected Back Late April 08
    OLIVE DRAB GREEN Sold Out/Expected Back Late April 08

Feedback Score
    Take a look at the stuff from sneakybags.com, 1 source/Dan-o posts on here and is a good guy.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Bumping to hopefully have someone add pics of their set-up
    E=mc^2+/-3db

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Well if you are like me, you will probably never use your bug-out bag for bugging out. But it is a nice thought. Just in case I do though, I use an ordinary JANSPORT backpack. Do not want to SHOUT "TACTICAL TED" when actually bugging out. Just want to look like a regular Joe trying to get from Point A to Point B.

Over the years I have used it several times:

* 1 time for the water in it while changing tire in middle of nowhere when it was 105.

* 2 times for the spare CR123 batteries I have in it.

* 3 times for medical supplies (Band-Aid, Contact Lens solution, Bug Bite, Wipes, etc).

* 2 times for a knife bigger than the one I typically carry.

* 3 times for the Multi-tool.

* 1 time for camera (now I just use cell phone camera).

* Several times for paper/pen.

YMMV.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Well if you are like me, you will probably never use your bug-out bag for bugging out. But it is a nice thought. Just in case I do though, I use an ordinary JANSPORT backpack. Do not want to SHOUT "TACTICAL TED" when actually bugging out. Just want to look like a regular Joe trying to get from Point A to Point B.

Over the years I have used it several times:

* 1 time for the water in it while changing tire in middle of nowhere when it was 105.

* 2 times for the spare CR123 batteries I have in it.

* 3 times for medical supplies (Band-Aid, Contact Lens solution, Bug Bite, Wipes, etc).

* 2 times for a knife bigger than the one I typically carry.

* 3 times for the Multi-tool.

* 1 time for camera (now I just use cell phone camera).

* Several times for paper/pen.

YMMV.

+1; and I have been thinking about approaching some of the Nylon Genius' on here or lightfighter to see if there is any way they can take a bag like this:
    http://www.rei.com/product/764336
    and then sew in a cordura liner to add strenght to the bag, along with some modular mag pouches, and all the other goodies that the cool bug out bags have, but in a know brand, commonly seen computer bag/commuter bag; so it would not scream tactical at all.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    How you anticipate having to bug out and where you live have an influence on what sort if bag you will use. I went with a three day pack from Tactical Tailor as it seemed to fit my situation best.

Feedback Score
    If you have to carry all that stuff in a bug out bag, you might as well get a good 3 day rucksack. I Just picked up a RAID pack for $99.00 from ATS. With some MOLLE pouches, you have the perfect 3-4 day pack. Any longer duration, get a large rucksack. I have both. I use bail out bags as a trunk accessory, one for each car. If ever in an E&E situation, I'm using the car first, then proceed on foot if required with the 3 day RAID or Ruck in the back seat. http://www.atstacticalgear.com/istar...&id=LF-009!151
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast