Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Getting back into reloading (Questions)

Feedback Score
    A 99c spray bottle from Ace.

Lee lube diluted 1:4 w/91% alcohol.

A big Ziploc bag.

Spray and shake.

Spread on cookie sheet.

Let the sun hit them or toss in a warm oven for a couple of minutes.

Size away.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Low Drag View Post
    Do you roll it on from a pad or can it be sprayed on?

I tried the pad route and had a lot of problems not to mention it took forever.....

I dump my loaded ammo onto a rag and wipe off the one shot/shit....
    Pump spray. I do too much volume to use the pad. My loads are for practice ammo so I need to be able to spray and then tumble off. I won't go back to manually wiping cases off again..... that was just one of the short falls of One Shot.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by demigod View Post
    Pump spray. I do too much volume to use the pad. My loads are for practice ammo so I need to be able to spray and then tumble off. I won't go back to manually wiping cases off again..... that was just one of the short falls of One Shot.
    OK, I'm off to Dillon's web page to see what this stuff is like.

EDIT: I was just at Dillon's site. If I understand correctly I only have to lay them out on a hard surface and spray and let it distribute? No need to put in a case holder? If so I'm ordering tonight.....

Feedback Score
    I have the Lee case lube but will order some of Dillons to try out as well. I hate going there love their stuff but out of my budget right now.

Robert

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    If I understand correctly I only have to lay them out on a hard surface and spray and let it distribute? No need to put in a case holder? If so I'm ordering tonight.....
    YEAH!

All I do is dump my brass in a tray and give it a few mists of lube. It seeps all over the brass on its own. I have a few dedicated trays for this because the trays get a little sticky.

With Dillon you can actually run and unlubed case thru the die because some of the lube remains in the die from previous cases. It's infinitely more forgiving than one shot.

You're going to love this stuff.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by demigod View Post
    YEAH!

All I do is dump my brass in a tray and give it a few mists of lube. It seeps all over the brass on its own. I have a few dedicated trays for this because the trays get a little sticky.

With Dillon you can actually run and unlubed case thru the die because some of the lube remains in the die from previous cases. It's infinitely more forgiving than one shot.

You're going to love this stuff.
    Well that did it..... I've been wanting to get the Dillon tool kit for the 550 that mounts on the press. I'll tag the lube onto the order. (I have this thing about paying shipping for one little item)

Thanks for the tip, looks like my wife is going to be short one of her old cookie sheets......

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    (I have this thing about paying shipping for one little item)
    That's why I suffered with the One shot for so long. I didn't want to order just the case lube.... I finally drove up to Dillon's showroom and got two bottles.

Thanks for the tip, looks like my wife is going to be short one of her old cookie sheets......
    That will work, but I use two stackable 8X10 disposable plastic containers. I found that the cookie tray was a little big, and you don't need a direct hit on every piece of rifle brass for the lube to work. The thing with Dillon case lube is you can spray 5.56 brass an inch thick in the container and it'll trickle on down to all the brass.... Or spray the brass, and then mix it up with your fingers. It's SO user friendly.

Feedback Score
    I've heard that Dillon lube is essentially Lanolin and alcohol. You could probably make your own for a lot less.

The Lee lube works well when dilluted. If you have a local gun shop that stocks this, try a tube. It's only a couple of bucks for a tube, and when mixed 4:1, you end up with around 10oz of lube. Just 2-3 squirts will do 100 cases easily in a Ziploc bag.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for all the tips.

Robert, looks like you've got enough info to jump back in with both feet!!!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmart View Post
    I've heard that Dillon lube is essentially Lanolin and alcohol. You could probably make your own for a lot less.
    You probably could. But it's not that expensive, and I like getting a new pump bottle every time because they get gooped up and wear out.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast