Thread: Carabines .357 sig caliber?

Feedback Score

Carabines .357 sig caliber?

I have not seen one, any info about it?
    Last edited by .XL; 07-25-13 at 12:32.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    rmw xtreme can make an ar upper for you in it.

If you are talking about the sig mpx I don't know if it is even out yet.

Feedback Score
    Why not just go 9mm and have done with it? In handguns, I've never been convinced the bottleneck round was worth the trouble; hot nines nearly match its velocity.
    Further, it's hard to beat the nine for ammo cost and ease of reloading.
    Presume the .357 Sigs feed thru' a 9mm magazine?
    Moon

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by halfmoonclip View Post
    Why not just go 9mm and have done with it? In handguns, I've never been convinced the bottleneck round was worth the trouble; hot nines nearly match its velocity.
    Further, it's hard to beat the nine for ammo cost and ease of reloading.
    Presume the .357 Sigs feed thru' a 9mm magazine?
    Moon
    the goofball rounds feeds from a .40 mag. I have a glock 32 and run '23 mags in it as they are easier to find.

in hindsight, after having my G32, I should have gotten a G19!
    Democracy is two wolves and a sheep discussing lunch, Liberty is a well armed sheep contesting the vote.

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    .357 SIG is kind of a failed caliber. I doubt too many companies are going to put many resources into developing a carbine for it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by obucina View Post
    the goofball rounds feeds from a .40 mag. I have a glock 32 and run '23 mags in it as they are easier to find.

in hindsight, after having my G32, I should have gotten a G19!
    Hell, brain fade. It's a necked .40 of course.
    No doubt you could swap your gun on the 9mm without taking too much of a beating.
    BTW, the .40 Glock always had an iffy rep for not supporting the bottom of the casing; suspect the Sig round is more of the same?
    My opinion is colored by a buddy who loves Glocks but hates .40s for their wide-open-throttle pressures.
    Moon

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by halfmoonclip View Post
    Hell, brain fade. It's a necked .40 of course.
    No doubt you could swap your gun on the 9mm without taking too much of a beating.
    BTW, the .40 Glock always had an iffy rep for not supporting the bottom of the casing; suspect the Sig round is more of the same?
    My opinion is colored by a buddy who loves Glocks but hates .40s for their wide-open-throttle pressures.
    Moon

I have a glock 27 also as my carry gun and have run about 500 rounds through it, i know its not enough to determine reliablility, i really havent had any problems other than a 29rd Scherer mag I got on the cheap at a gun show as kinda/sorta a novelty

As for my Glock 32, Ive run winchester FMJs and some Georgia Arms loads at a Carbine match over the weekend(my first match) the gun has gone bang everytime. Since I have a large quantity of .40 rounds, both in FMJs and HP ammo, I will throw a G23 barrel in after shooting out my sig ammo and call it a day.

To the OP, I am by no means any kind of SME, but I would go with a carbine/sub gun chambered in 9mm and call it a day.
    Democracy is two wolves and a sheep discussing lunch, Liberty is a well armed sheep contesting the vote.