Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dear Magpul,

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Dear Magpul,

Please make a rifle length free float polymer MOE style forearm. I like the feel of the MOE handguards on my carbine but could use a little more length. I don't want to pay for rail estate I'll never use or for rail covers that add weight and girth to make rails user friendly. Round tubes are ok, but there are better shapes to fit the human hand and a flat bottom that's not too wide is better when using an improvised rest, such as a backpack. I really think a rifle length FF MOE handguard would be a good, economical option for ARs with carbine or middy length gas systems.

Polymer protects the hand from barrel heat better than metal. Polymer isn't as cold in the winter and does not get nearly as hot exposed to the summer sun. I would use this handguard on my 5.56 ARs but really really want one for my M&P-10. Bring a polymer MOE freefloat tube to market for well under $200 and I'm sure it'd be a winner.

Thanks. How soon can I order one?

Sincerely,

M. Wolf
    Last edited by MistWolf; 07-26-13 at 14:17.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You never know what you might see coming out of the pipeline. I will tell you that we are rather busy with some exciting things right now.
    Duane Liptak, Jr.
    Executive Vice President
    Magpul Industries

info@magpulcore.com

This is a personal account linked to a personal e-mail. Company affiliation and titles are provided purely for transparency requirements of the host site. Although factual company information may be shared through this account, any opinions expressed are solely those of the account holder, and not necessarily those of Magpul Industries or subsidiaries.

Feedback Score
    Personally id rather have a rifle length moe with an FSB cut out. It wouldn't need to be free float. This might have to be a bolt on deal similar to the troy delta rail. Basically a normal middy moe with recessed areas in the front for the bolt on section to sit in. That'd be pretty shweet.
    Quote Originally Posted by skd_tactical View Post
    It's a shot in the dark ... I have a better chance of guessing when my wife will be mad for no reason.
    "If your not using an aimpoint, you need to take a ****ing piss test." -LAV

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SPQR476 View Post
    You never know what you might see coming out of the pipeline. I will tell you that we are rather busy with some exciting things right now.
    I know you guys got some neat stuff you're working on and am very interested to see what you come up with.

A rifle length FF MOE handguard in FDE is exactly what I want for my M&P-10 and if you make it available for a reasonable price before I save up enough money for a carbon fiber FF tube, I promise I will buy one.

Thanks for taking time to talk to us here on the forum. It's good to know a company is accessible when I have a suggestion, question or problem

I am American

Feedback Score
    Why does <$200 seem to be the magic broke-dick price point?
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Is this the "dear magpul" christmas wish list?

If so, I'd like one china doll lower receiver... for under $3,000...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Moved to the Magpul forum.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by skijunkie55 View Post
    Is this the "dear magpul" christmas wish list?

If so, I'd like one china doll lower receiver... for under $3,000...
    Rumor has it that SPQR476 has so many China Doll lowers that he throws them at people when they don't behave. Since I have a China Doll, you know it has to be true.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    This isn't just a Christmas Wishlist, it's a very serious request for a FF MOE handguard. I don't want the extra expense and weight of a quad rail. I don't want to deal with the thermal issues of aluminum. A carbon fiber FF would work, but the one that fits my hand best is the PRI Delta which costs well over $300. I think the Lancer Systems octagonal tube is worth a look, but it's over $200. The Magpul MOE fits good and is very affordable, but it's not a FF.

I want a rifle length synthetic FF non-rail tube for my M&P-10. If the MOE was FF, it would almost be perfect.

I am American

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Re: Dear Magpul,

I wonder how it would be made structurally and how it would attach to the barrel nut.
    "I never learned from a man who agreed with me." Robert A. Heinlein

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast