Thread: SF Fury Tactical and VLTOR SMQ-OCG Offset Mount

Feedback Score

SF Fury Tactical and VLTOR SMQ-OCG Offset Mount

I've been running this combination for a while, but I'm having a lot of issues getting the light to stay secured in the mount.

At the end of a shooting day, the light will work its way forward in the mount, and at that point I can no longer reach it comfortably with my thumb.

Just curious if anyone else has had a similar issue with this set up?

I've adjusted the mount to be as tight as I can get it around the light when securing it to the rail.

What are my options?
    - wrap the light in some tape to make it a little thicker?
    - or is there a way the light needs to be specifically positioned in the mount (there are scallops on the light body, is this causing the problem)?

Thanks...
    -batsoff

Feedback Score
    Gear Sector GS-3015 for Surefire 6P works perfect with the Fury, only issue is they are a bit pricey...

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)

wrap it

I used a single layer of aluminum tape with a simular situation. Problem solved.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by indawire View Post
    I used a single layer of aluminum tape with a simular situation. Problem solved.
    Thanks indawire... any special reason for the aluminum tape? Or is it just what you had available at the time?

I tried to use some camouflage stretch wrap that I have, but it's just too thick. Need to find some thinner tape.

-batsoff

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    a couple coats of Krylon will work to keep it from slipping if you're not happy with the color...
    never push a wrench...