Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: surefire

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

surefire

would the g2x tactical or the g2x pro dual output be more appropriate for a wml in a noveske nsr light ring?

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    Single output.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    so you prefer the twist on over the push on?

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    No you definatwly want a pushbutton rear tailcap. I just meant get the tactical over a dual output light.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I ran a G2X Tactical for a while before I switched to an EAG Fury. The Tactical worked well for me when I ran warrants and searched buildings. I moved the Tactical to my belt to replace my older Z2 and put the EAG Fury on my rifle. Like mkmckinley said, the constant on is the major plus, the added lumens is also nice. My one gripe about the Tactical was the momentary only switch, I just never got around to replacing it with the push button.
    "My craving is, and always has been, to be involved in actions conducted to ensure America remains strong, safe, and free of those who have its destruction as their goal."
    - Billy Waugh

"When you enter a room full of armed men, shoot the first person who moves, hostile or otherwise. He has started to think and is therefore dangerous."
    - Robert "Paddy" Mayne

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
    I ran a G2X Tactical for a while before I switched to an EAG Fury. The Tactical worked well for me when I ran warrants and searched buildings. I moved the Tactical to my belt to replace my older Z2 and put the EAG Fury on my rifle. Like mkmckinley said, the constant on is the major plus, the added lumens is also nice. My one gripe about the Tactical was the momentary only switch, I just never got around to replacing it with the push button.
    Which model G2X did you have? The 200 or the 320 lumen model?

If 320 lumens, do you feel that the 500 lumen Fury is that much better? Or could you really even tell a difference?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman8 View Post
    Which model G2X did you have? The 200 or the 320 lumen model?

If 320 lumens, do you feel that the 500 lumen Fury is that much better? Or could you really even tell a difference?
    I had the 320 lumen model. I can tell a difference, the main difference is the beam dispersal. It's also nice to have the clicky cap over the momentary one.
    "My craving is, and always has been, to be involved in actions conducted to ensure America remains strong, safe, and free of those who have its destruction as their goal."
    - Billy Waugh

"When you enter a room full of armed men, shoot the first person who moves, hostile or otherwise. He has started to think and is therefore dangerous."
    - Robert "Paddy" Mayne

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
    I had the 320 lumen model. I can tell a difference, the main difference is the beam dispersal. It's also nice to have the clicky cap over the momentary one.
    Yeah I understand about the tailcap, and would change it out anyway, but I was wondering if the extra half hour of run time on the G2X is worth giving up the 180 lumens to the Fury...

So by beam dispersal, you mean that the spill is much better? Lights up a larger area? I'm not up on my light terms...

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I prefer the regular tail cap in my single output 200 lumen G2X. Instant on/off just seems to make more sense for me.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman8 View Post
    Yeah I understand about the tailcap, and would change it out anyway, but I was wondering if the extra half hour of run time on the G2X is worth giving up the 180 lumens to the Fury...

So by beam dispersal, you mean that the spill is much better? Lights up a larger area? I'm not up on my light terms...
    I'm just a cop, so I could be wrong on the terms, who knows.

The main/hot spot of the light appear to be larger, as is the outer corona/spill/whatever. Both wins in my book as it illuminates more and the extra lumens is nice when I shine it in people's faces.
    - Billy Waugh

- Robert "Paddy" Mayne

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast