Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: surefire

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    I prefer the regular tail cap in my single output 200 lumen G2X. Instant on/off just seems to make more sense for me.
    this makes sense to me. if i could just have a single output, click on, 320 lumen g2x, that would be perfect. i dont want to twist. i dont want to click a million times. 1 click and on. does this exist?

i have also been reading the g2x is not a weaponlight and will be ruined from recoil of the rifle. is this an issue? is it a bad weaponlight?

and what about this option?

https://www.primaryarms.com/Primary-...p/pawl-3bk.htm

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I have run several hundred rounds through it. No apparent effects on the light. I think some of the criticism comes from the fact that its not specifically a weapon light like a scout model and doesn't have the recoil cushioning. When I decided to go with it I checked around here and several people use it.

I've used it on two calls and it's been very effective. 200 lumen throws some great light. I'm not sure I would ever go to a 500 lumen model.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Which tail cap is appropriate for single click on/off?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I would think this is the guy you're looking for...

http://www.surefire.com/click-on-loc...ilcap-z59.html

However it is aluminum not poly. The G2X is a 1-inch flashlight.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    I would think this is the guy you're looking for...

http://www.surefire.com/click-on-loc...ilcap-z59.html

However it is aluminum not poly. The G2X is a 1-inch flashlight.
    hmmm...that would make it a $100 flashlight. i might as well just buy the 6px defender that already has that switch for $80.

does anyone have an opinion on that light from primary arms that i posted a link to previously?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    anyone?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I wouldn't. I am very strict about running only Surefires. I've seen too many other lights fly off rails because of loose attachments, out of spec attachments, things breaking under recoil, whatever. I run my guns every day and risk my life, my teammates, and those I work with to my weapons. I will not skimp for something just to save money.
    "My craving is, and always has been, to be involved in actions conducted to ensure America remains strong, safe, and free of those who have its destruction as their goal."
    - Billy Waugh

"When you enter a room full of armed men, shoot the first person who moves, hostile or otherwise. He has started to think and is therefore dangerous."
    - Robert "Paddy" Mayne

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mkmckinley View Post
    Single output.
    In my opinion, single output with clickie constant on is the only way to go. When we run warrants, the light goes on at the door. Too much shit going on(doors to open, furniture to move out of the way, etc to mess with a pressure switch.). There is always an exception and a time to turn the light off, (search mode) but I need a constant on feature. Secondly, dual output defeats the purpose of a high output weapon light. If I have a 200 lumen scout light I want 200 lumens when I activate my light not 5.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If you have a dual output, you can just cut the jumper on the board for that feature, and viola...single output clicky switch. Works on Furies and 6XP pro that I've done personally, can't speak first hand about others.
    Duane Liptak, Jr.
    Executive Vice President
    Magpul Industries

info@magpulcore.com

This is a personal account linked to a personal e-mail. Company affiliation and titles are provided purely for transparency requirements of the host site. Although factual company information may be shared through this account, any opinions expressed are solely those of the account holder, and not necessarily those of Magpul Industries or subsidiaries.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12