Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hard Water Bottle/Canteen And Carriage Options?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Plain ol' nalgene bottle in a tactical tailor nalgene holder.

More than a liter? Msr dromendary bag.
    Last edited by J-Dub; 02-10-19 at 01:38.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
    The oldschool USGI style canteens are pretty sweet as you can get them with the little metal cup-thingy so you can heat water and stuff.

Kids these days...

Damn, you make me feel so old.
    You know what I like best about most people?

Their dogs.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Hard Water Bottle/Canteen And Carriage Options?

Camelbak chute stainless which from experience with other brands has the only lid that’s easy to drink from and doesn’t leak.

Geigerrig hydration bladder ever since trying the pressurized system I’m spoiled now. Would like to see a similar antibacterial features that the source has though.

Vapur eclipse foldable water bottle if I need space savings otherwise nalgene.

Haven’t used it but has some nice options
    http://www.ridgeroller.com/product/h...r-storage-bag/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by zombiescometh; 02-10-19 at 16:08.
    "The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win and cheat if necessary." ~ Clint Smith

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by photosniper View Post
    Since I dip my stainless bottle in creeks and such to get water for treating, the outside is contaminated so I don't drink directly from it.
    On a similar note, a semi stiff pouch (MRE pouches work well) can be carried along and used as a dipper. Learned that was handy the first time I was using a Sawyer squeeze filter in a shallow creek because the dirty water bags are a pain to fill via dunking or dipping due to the small opening.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Do you guys know of a water bottle pouch that attaches by any means other that MOLLE? I’m looking for a pouch to attach to the side of my Arcteryx bag and all I can find is MOLLE pouches.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    ETA: I just realized I read your question incorrectly. However pick any pouch and use the Dynema and make loops, shackles, slings as needed. You can loop through the Molle but attach to whatever your pack has.

Hydrapack Seeker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ST9cYXItZm4

That and a hank of Dynema should do it.

Just make a few loops or buy them
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Evo-loops-8...7v9aPNvXmVpd7w

That guy will make you any kind of dynema loop, sling, whatever that you want. Just email him. Here is his Youtube channel

Super easy loop.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pV335095AcQ
    Last edited by tb-av; 06-05-19 at 15:56.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    If I am staying near potable water, any (2) 32oz SS vacuum bottle from a good brand, price wins here.

When I'm out an about near water, 2 32 oz plastic Nalgene, with the Sawyer squeeze filter system and 2 64 oz water collection bags.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAMBONE View Post
    Do you guys know of a water bottle pouch that attaches by any means other that MOLLE? I’m looking for a pouch to attach to the side of my Arcteryx bag and all I can find is MOLLE pouches.
    https://www.outdoorresearch.com/us/e.../2426960001222

I have an older Nalgene brand that is functionally the same as that (at about a third of the cost) but their current model indicates having an elastic belt loop because everyone wants 2lbs of water bungee jumping with every step.

I'm from everywhere man because I'm an everywhere man....
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I just picked up one of the BCB Crusader Cook Systems that has a plastic hard water bottle, cup, small cook pot and stove in one set. Haven't used it yet, but it has good reviews on line and seems to be a good functional piece of gear. The stove utilizes an alcohol based fuel jel, but I imagine you can use about any fuel tab with it. Haven't gotten a carrier yet, but I'm looking at finding one of the US made Molle style pouches that will fit this set. Anyone else have experience with this particular one?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PlatoCATM View Post
    I'm a fan of Klean Kanteen, and while they are similar in size to the standard Nalgene, they are not the same. The third-party drinking insert for the mouth does not fit. I would stick with the Klean Kanteen coffee lid for drinking, but there is also another third-party one that supposedly works well but I forget the name now.

The Capcap I had leaked so I gave it up.

I've seen a couple others now, but most notably Hydro Flask. It may be worth a look.
    I have a good impression of Klean Kanteen, and many people say it is a good water bottle. But I have been using the HydroFlask water bottle all the time. One of my water bottles has been used for more than three years, and its insulation is still very good, which is amazing. I use my experience to assure you that the hydroflask hard water bottle will not disappoint you.:dirol:
    Last edited by MarMark; 11-16-19 at 20:32.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast