Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: You filthy pig!! KX3

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick sweeney View Post
    The pistol-caliber cans, however, looked remarkably like the pig Ned has sectioned. It's all a matter of heat.
    Im no expert, but Id venture a guess that the sectioned Pig above was on a rifle caliber not a pistol. Just sayin...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall_Ninja View Post
    Im no expert, but Id venture a guess that the sectioned Pig above was on a rifle caliber not a pistol. Just sayin...
    Yes it was, but the pig never got as hot as even a lightly-run suppressor gets, and that makes all the difference.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Filthy Pig #2. Same guy... great shooter, high volume shooter, "spends time shooting them not cleaning them" shooter.

I think 5-6K through this one.... came off another keyholing barrel. I was lucky to get it apart and put quite a bit of time scraping and just rapping it hard on the outside to shake things loose. that's 1.1 OZ of carbon build up I got out of it.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I sent my can back to TBAC and they cooked it in their cleaners until it weighed what it what supposed to, 300WM can. Weight seems to be the variable many look for. I have AAC m42K with unknown round count and they keep running like a champ.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I do think ultrasonic might be the way to go on this but I do not have that. I have also suggested to the owner that something like NP3 might make it easier to clean. In general, once I got a groove scraped in the carbon lengthwise, it got easier to knock off. There was maybe a 1/8" coating of it along much of the inside, and quite a collection of it where the pic shows, in the bottom. My inner flow dynamics prof says that wherever the flow inside as at lower pressure, like nooks and crannies outside the direct blast stream, is where buildup occurs.

I used some hardened tools to do it but as before i found that the KX was made of really good stuff and did not easily scratch. It continues in my opinion to be one of the the few truly useful aftermarket muzzle devices. If everyone would show up to class with one I truly believe my hearing would be better.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    To clean, secure in a vise and hit it with a power washer. Maybe soak in Simple Green.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It has to be fought for and defended by each generation."
    Ronald Wilson Reagan

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TurretGunner View Post
    If he is shooting that much ammo, then the cost of a new barrel or even upper is insignificant.

Is it a 16" or a SBR?

Also got me thinking. Ive love to see the wound channel of a tumbling 5.56 within 25 yards. Has to be devistating to flesh.

I assume that if it tumbles, it blees FPS like crazy? Anyone know what speed it drops to once it starts to tumble?
    Well isn't that what the Franklin reformation is for!!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I’ve had excellent results from SLiP2000 Carbon Killer. I’ll be cleaning my SOCOM cans and brakes in that in a few weeks. Sure fire recommended CLR. Not too sure about the ‘but don’t leave it in there too long’ part of that advice. CK has been great for gas blocks and brakes; they’ve come out looking new. Even most of the copper was gone.
    "An opinion solicited does not equal one freely voiced," Al Swearengen, Deadwood 1877.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Motorcraft carburetor cleaner works wonders on carbon buildup. The liquid stuff, not the aresol, soak the part to remove carbon
    Proper Planing Prevents Piss Poor Performance.......

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Brake cleaner would take off normal buildup pretty easily, but that baked-hard stuff is a job for a slow cooker or the ultrasonic pan.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456