Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: You filthy pig!! KX3

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    To a point. My suppressor has 20K through it. It looks a little rough, bug still works good. I Froglubed and cooked it also.

Quote Originally Posted by Javelin View Post
    Is this the fate of my m4-2k suppressor?!!

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    At the risk of diverting the thread, I've talked to suppressor makers on this. Yes, shooting a "can" enough to load it up with carbon decreases effectiveness, but usually only by a few dB, if that.

Their experience is that more suppressors are damaged or scrapped from user attempts at cleaning, than by being shot full of carbon, 50K+ later.

Lube, solvents, ultrasonics, fine. But if someone offers to clean your factory-sealed suppressor, and picks up tools to reach inside, slap them out of his hands.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Well for class this week, Patrick brought his Gradient Lens bore scope. This barrel has about and inch of freebore, that is, there is no rifling for 1" ahead of the chamber...... not a big surprise that it keyholes, but it is surprising that it not only doesn't keyhole with some ammo, it still shoots cloverleafs with some loads.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ned Christiansen View Post
    it still shoots cloverleafs with some loads.
    Keyhole cloverleafs at 5 yds. dont count for good groups! hahahaha

Feedback Score
    Mic the bullets if you can, would be interesting is the ones that are key holing are already on the small size and the ones still shooting good are on the large size, as far as diameter. To me this would indicate bore wear, which from your description of his round count is quite possible.

Feedback Score
    Not keyhole cloverleafs at five yards. Much more curious and interesting.

At twenty-five yards, the barrel will keyhole XM-193. However, the same barrel, at the same distance, will print five Winchester Ballistic Silvertips into one hole. One clean, not-keyholed, hole.

We pored up and down the bore, and while the throat was gone an inch forward, the gas port did not show excessive wear.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick sweeney View Post
    Not keyhole cloverleafs at five yards. Much more curious and interesting.

At twenty-five yards, the barrel will keyhole XM-193. However, the same barrel, at the same distance, will print five Winchester Ballistic Silvertips into one hole. One clean, not-keyholed, hole.

We pored up and down the bore, and while the throat was gone an inch forward, the gas port did not show excessive wear.
    Thats easy then, Winchester is black magic voodoo...

Feedback Score
    If only it were that easy....

I'm just wondering when the Winchester starts acting up, is all.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick sweeney View Post
    If only it were that easy....

I'm just wondering when the Winchester starts acting up, is all.
    Its safe to say you have got your moneys worth. Then again, you could always have it rechambered since the gas port sounds GTG...

It prolly has more to do with the CG of the projectile than anything else...
    Last edited by Mall_Ninja; 08-14-13 at 22:37.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall_Ninja View Post
    Its safe to say you have got your moneys worth. Then again, you could always have it rechambered since the gas port sounds GTG...

It prolly has more to do with the CG of the projectile than anything else...
    If he is shooting that much ammo, then the cost of a new barrel or even upper is insignificant.

Is it a 16" or a SBR?

Also got me thinking. Ive love to see the wound channel of a tumbling 5.56 within 25 yards. Has to be devistating to flesh.

I assume that if it tumbles, it blees FPS like crazy? Anyone know what speed it drops to once it starts to tumble?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast